Would we recognize your name?

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest
So.... we're all pretty much anonymous here in the MR forums and most of us probably intend to stay that way. My question is though, is their anybody here who we would recognize your name if we knew it? You don't have to tell us who you are and you don't have to answer any guesses.

Nobody here would know me though I'm afraid... well... maybe like... 2 people. But I'm not sure why. :p

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
There's a couple of people here I speak to on a regualr basis, so they know my real name and I theirs...other than that, I don't have a clue who anyone is :eek:

MacDawg

macrumors Core
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
Interesting question Panda. I'm afraid I'm a "no". :(

Of course it has been often suggested that edesignuk is in fact Keira, so that one would be recognized. :p

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Aug 9, 2002
MacDawg said:
Of course it has been often suggested that edesignuk is in fact Keira, so that one would be recognized. :p

Keira doesn't know how to use a computer :(

Vector

macrumors 6502a
Feb 13, 2002
Yes, most people would recognize my name, but that is only because it is very common.

I know edesign's name, but i'm not sure he knows mine. edit, ok he does.

Then again, it isn't too hard to find out edesign's name.

DanTekGeek

macrumors 6502
Nov 11, 2004
Denver, CO
no...you wouldent recognize my name....yet.
but soon! soon my friends! all of you will be chanting my name! for i will be your supreme ruler! all will bow to me! muahahahahah!

WinterMute

Moderator emeritus
Jan 19, 2003
London, England
A few people on here know my name, iGav, Jelloshots, Britboy, cavemanUK.... cos we've met in London.

Outside of that I can be found in liner notes and credits on a stack of 80's and 90's recordings, cos I engineered them, but it's a name only the people in the bands would remember anyway.

I quite like the anonimity here, I know a few of my students and work friends browse these forums, and I'm certainly not going to let them know who I am here.... :D

AmigoMac

macrumors 68020
Aug 5, 2003
l'Allemagne
Maybe, I have a mac-user-neighbor but I have no clue if he posts here...

Hallo! Lieber Nachbar:

Wenn du hier bist, ruf doch mal an! :)

I'll tell you later! :D

Roger1

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2002
Michigan
I don't think any of you can figure out my name. But I think there is one other person on these boards that live in Stockbridge, and I know there is one other person in Stockbridge who uses an Apple. So there might be one person who knows me.

agreenster

macrumors 68000
Dec 6, 2001
Walt Disney Animation Studios
I used to think it was a big secret and that I cared if people knew my name, but as soon as I started looking for a job and tried to get a reputation online as a good animator, I let everyone know who Adam Green is.

Don't panic

macrumors 603
Jan 30, 2004
having a drink at Milliways
agreenster said:
I used to think it was a big secret and that I cared if people knew my name, but as soon as I started looking for a job and tried to get a reputation online as a good animator, I let everyone know who Adam Green is.
how's job-hunting going?
you should send your resume to the soon-to-be disney digital division.
at least we'd have a chance for ToyStory3 to be entertaining!

back on topic: no

dotnina

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2004
I don't think anyone here would recognize my name, though on a few occasions I've met people who've said, "Hay, you're the person who ..."

Yep, I'm the person who (dot dot dot)

Yep, that's me. :p