Would you be dissapointed if the new iPhone only brings a 4"+ screen?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by isoft7, May 10, 2012.

1. isoft7 macrumors 6502a

And nothing else?

In other words, it's an iPhone 4s, just with a larger screen.

2. Blakjack macrumors 68000

Blakjack

That wont happen.

There going to give us more. They arent crazy. I understand Apple is king of not letting other companies and their products dictate what they do, but again.....Apple isnt crazy. They know we want a screen size bump.

And to only offer a bigger screen and nothing else isnt even possible, because the evolution of technology says that things get better EVERY year. iPhone 5's guts will be better along with the Screen size bump, so everything is all good. Thats enough to keep me Apple strong. Im sure I'll have my complaints though. Its only natural.

3. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

yeah I wouldn't buy it if the other specs weren't bumped. I wouldn't mind a larger screen but it is not the deciding factor for me.

4. TallGuy1970 macrumors 6502

Yes, and I would likely look elsewhere for a replacement to my iPhone 4.

5. Dr McKay, May 10, 2012
    Last edited: May 10, 2012

Dr McKay macrumors 68040

Dr McKay

People are already angry about the apparent minor update the 4S brought, so I don't think Apples PR image could take another knock about things like that twice in a row.

6. Ztormie macrumors regular

Yeah, and it's reflecting upon the abysmal sales numbe...WAAAAIT A MINUTE :rolleyes:

7. sarcosis macrumors 6502a

Yes i would be. The lack of LTE would drive me <Insert Android Flagship> at the time. However, I don't think that's very likely since Apple has moved with the market yet still played their own tune. Here's what do it for me hardware wise:

-LTE
    -Bigger Screen
    -Camera Sensor Upgrade..

8. nfl46 macrumors 603

I'm buying it regardless. I really want a new design. Seems like I've had the same phone for years (well, technically, I have, design-wise).

9. ViperDesign macrumors 6502a

ViperDesign

I think a 4 inch screen would be perfect.

How about a 1080p resolution as well

10. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

As much money as I have tied up in apps, movies, music I'll be Apple :apple:For life! Or untill there design gets cheap. As long as its a quality piece of tech then I'll buy whatever they put out.

11. Dr McKay macrumors 68040

Dr McKay

Yes it's selling well, but you can't deny there were a lot of angry people. If Apple pulled the same move in their eyes, they might jump ship to another device.

12. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

They would never do that and never have in recent years. The only time they have done something similar to what you are proposing was from the original one to the 3G. That was because there was no competition and Apple wanted to maintain a low cost to penetrate the market. At this point, only bumping the screen size and adding LTE would not be sufficient.

13. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

14. firestarter macrumors 603

firestarter

Be prepared for a disappointment.

The iPhone is 90% OS, and 10% hardware. Any new phone is going to be very similar to the previous model, since the OS will be the same old iOS. There's not many places that a minimalist box with a glass front can go either. Expect the same again with just a few tweaks.

15. racer1441 macrumors 68000

I would be disappointed with a 4 inch screen. I don't need my iPad on my belt.

16. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

4.0" is yesterdays size, Apple needs to implement at least a 4.3" display shaped so as to produce a 16:9 aspect ratio. That's why it's the defacto standard size of so many Androids.

If they keep the phone narrow and "stretch" the display upwards just to get 4.0" it will be a shameful highly compromised design. If they keep the tiny 3.5, well, I have nothing to say about that.

Apple is following at this point, not leading. If they don't keep up, it won't matter much anyway. Fact is, they have people convinced that anything they build is the best, therefore the sales will keep exploding until they reach saturation.

That's when things will get interesting, as Apple will be forced to compete.

17. xAnthony macrumors 65816

xAnthony

Who is "We"? If you're referring to yourself, let's be realistic.. Apple doesn't really care what you may want. People on this forum who complain about how the iPhone is too small are in the minority. We're (people on this forum) a very small percentage of people and Apple would never make any dramatic changes for such a small percentage of their sales. They look at the pros and cons of making a dramatic change like that and if they don't think it's necessary (Which let's be honest... it's not. Apple will still sell more iPhone 5's than they did iPhone 4/4S regardless if they change the screen size or not.)

I personally couldn't care if the screen size got bumped up. The phone sits in my pocket 70% of the time and when I am using it, it's perfectly fine the way it is. (Size wise)

What I'd really like to see is a better battery, and a more durable phone. I'm kinda over this all glass design.

18. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

I will be disappointed, if I can't use the new iPhone with 1 hand.

19. iSR5 macrumors member

That's a good question.
    We all know Apple, and their methods on surprises!

What I've been thinking is that when Apple introduced the world with the 4S I was really disappointed.
    We've been waiting for the new iphone and then >###$#$# ..
    However, I have a thought that apple will introduce a totally new iPhone this year or at the beginning on the next year, and the iPhone 4S & iPad 2, it was just matter of buying some time to finish what they're preparing for the new iPhone.
    If that is right, then the screen size & LTE are not the only two will be in the new iPhone.
    Remember that Apple has improved their Apple Store, and still improving.
    So The new iDevices will be totally worth patience.

And Since there're many computations around the market, I think Apple will go more further for their new iDevices.. and they might use the nano technology, which will make the iPhone more Powerful, Thinner, and Faster.
    It'll have a HD screen(up to 450ppi) with a new size between 4" to 5", and that means they might replace the home button to a screen touch button(or marge it with the power button).
    and the edges of the iphone will be like the 3gs (rounded).

(I know I have a big imagination :D)

20. Spectrum Abuser macrumors 65816

Spectrum Abuser

4.3'in is the perfect smartphone screen size in my own opinion. Much more screen real-estate with only a fraction of the device becoming longer while the thickness usually gets slimmer.

21. Redjericho macrumors 6502a

That would just be a horrible business tactic. Especially going up against the new galaxy s 3, and windows 8 to come.

I think it will be the most revolutionary phone yet, other than the original iPhone.

22. MistahMumford macrumors 6502

MistahMumford

I'd welcome a 4" screen. To me, that is the sweet spot for a smartphone screen.

23. kornberg macrumors member

4" is my sweet spot......same as my fascinate.

24. \-V-/ Suspended

\-V-/

Would I be disappointed if the new iPhone had a bigger screen? No... no I would not.

25. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

I think I'll be more disappointed if it IS bigger than 4"...