Would you be willing to accept a delay till Winter 2014 for a IGZO rMBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Starfyre, Oct 7, 2013.

?

Would you be willing to accept a delay till Spring 2014 for a IGZO rMBP?

  1. Yes. I would be willing to accept a delay till Spring 2014.

    11 vote(s)
    39.3%
  2. No. I would rather just have a non-IGZO rMBP in the Fall 2014

    14 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. No. I would just get some other non-Apple laptop.

    3 vote(s)
    10.7%
  1. Starfyre, Oct 7, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2013

    Starfyre macrumors 68030

    Starfyre

    Joined:
    Nov 7, 2010
    #1
    If you knew in advance Apple needed at least a couple of months to include an IGZO display, which meant that the release would be pushed back to Winter 2014... would you be okay with it?

    Corrections:
    *Winter 2014 (not Spring)
     
  2. Stetrain macrumors 68040

    Joined:
    Feb 6, 2009
    #2
    Why would they do that when the rest of the pieces are ready to go? They could just release the Haswell non-IGZO models now and release new ones with IGZO for the next update.
     
  3. mentaluproar macrumors 68000

    mentaluproar

    Joined:
    May 25, 2010
    Location:
    Ohio, USA
    #3
    Having received a refurb rMBP with an LG display, I must say I'm quite happy with what I have. Focus IGZO on the iPad mini.
     
  4. GSPice macrumors 68000

    GSPice

    Joined:
    Nov 24, 2008
    #4
    Your poll doesn't make sense. Yes, accept a delay til Spring 2014, or no, Fall 2014? Typo? I'm not going to wait for Spring 2014, much less Fall 2014.
     
  5. actuallyinaus macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Feb 13, 2013
    #5
    yeah.. i assume he means oct 2013 vs 2014
     
  6. adjeff8 macrumors 6502

    adjeff8

    Joined:
    Nov 18, 2012
    #6
    As long as I've been waiting, since last October, and as painful as it's been my answer to your query would have to be YES. My #1 hope is that the bezel would be smaller. A MBP that lasts 12+ hours is intriguing as well. And a potentially brighter display without the IR issue would be nice.
     
  7. Nee412 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jun 25, 2010
    Location:
    Sunny England!
    #7
    I would rather have a non-IGZO rMBP than wait till spring 2014. I'm not desperate for a new laptop right now. I need one, but my 2008 base Macbook is somehow still soldiering on.

    Problem is my 2008 can't do everything I need it to anymore, and I doubt it will continue till next spring.
     
  8. actuallyinaus, Oct 7, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2013

    actuallyinaus macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Feb 13, 2013
    #8
    i would also go for an oct 2013 model over waiting to 2014 for an igzo as 10ish hours is fine for me, however igzo bezel-less or igzo oled would be worth the wait
     
  9. Ursadorable macrumors 6502

    Ursadorable

    Joined:
    Jul 9, 2013
    Location:
    The Frozen North
    #9
    Doesn't the rMBP already have an IPS display? The only thing the IGZO is going to offer is a bit of power savings.
     
  10. laurihoefs macrumors 6502a

    laurihoefs

    Joined:
    Mar 1, 2013
    #10
    This. It has one of the best IPS laptop panels on the market.

    There's a whole lot of hype and speculation going on, based solely on Sharp or AUO marketing materials.

    If I was upgrading now, I would rather stay with a proven display, than jump to a new unproven one for slight battery life improvements. There are currently no proper reports or reviews of IGZO displays performance, only those marketing materials. What's the colour reproduction and gamut we can expect? How about uniformity? If the transistors are photosensitive, how does the panel age? Etc, etc.

    Until we see some real products on the market, and proper reviews of them, I'm not buying into the hype Sharp has managed to build.
     

Share This Page