Would you believe it...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by matttye, Sep 23, 2012.

1. matttye macrumors 601

[​IMG]

... If you didn't see it with your own eyes?

Never thought I'd get one of these considering how pro-Android I've been. Main reasons for buying it are:-

1. I drive a lot and I don't know a better hands free solution than Siri (including Google Now)
    2. My fiancée and I talk on iMessage and share photos a lot, so it will be great to have those synced between both devices.
    3. Will only have to buy apps once.
    4. The other iCloud features are great.
    5. The screen size is a little more acceptable now (although I was considering a 4S if I couldn't get this!)
    6. Despite the fact that Android can do a lot more, I think about how often I actually use all that extra stuff and the answer is... Not much.

64GB white.

Has anyone else switched from Android to iOS?

2. sosinsurr macrumors regular

Me...I'd been running a 4 and 4S and lately a droid on T-Mobile. With the release of the 5, I figured this was as better time as ever to get the heck away from TMO and head over to Verizon.

3. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Not sure what the point of the post is - I guess you are just saying you switched from Android to IOS. Lots of people do it, both ways.

Sadly, I even opened this message. Is it that hard to have a descriptive title?

4. Big.Mac.Daddy macrumors 6502a

:eek:

I STILL don't believe it! ;)

You? The iPhone? Seriously? :confused:

Glad you came back from the dark side :)

5. matttye thread starter macrumors 601

You're more sure than you think you are, as you just got it in one. Just wanted to discuss my purchase. :)

----------

First thing I noticed: despite Jelly Bean being a massive improvement to Android, there IS still a very slight lag. iPhone 5 just zips around with no hesitation.

6. joshwithachance macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

I had left the 4S a few weeks ago to try out the S3 and yesterday I came home with an iPhone 5. You're right about there being a bit more to do with Android, but like you I hardly use any of it. Widgets cause stuttering, and the whole OS feels a bit unpolished. I hope you love your iPhone!

7. El3ctronics macrumors 65816

Google Now > Siri.

8. mrjinglesusa macrumors newbie

mrjinglesusa

My first "smart" phone was the original iPhone. Then, I moved on to the iPhone 3G. That's when Android phones started coming into their own and 4G started taking off. Despite being an "Apple" person my whole life (computers, iPads, iPhones, iPods, etc.) I decided to try Android phones. Started with an HTC Droid Incredible, then went to HTC Thunderbolt, and finally a Motorola Droid RAZR.

The iPhone 5 is what got me to come back the Apple eco-system for my phone. Mainly that it finally had 4G LTE, a 4" screen, it's overall form factor (it's even as thin as my Droid RAZR and lighter than the RAZR), and battery life. Plus apps are, generally speaking, more "polished" than their Android counterparts in my experience.

9. matttye thread starter macrumors 601

I still like Android, I just don't think it offers as tight integration with my other devices (PC, iPad) as iOS does.

Shared photo streams and iMessage are amazing though, so convenient for me :D

----------

It's faster and voice recognition is a little better, but with Siri I can set geolocation reminders. "Remind me to buy milk when I get to work" - I could use this a lot.

I think both have their advantages. Google Now's integration with the knowledge graph is a MASSIVE plus for it. Siri is not as good for looking up information.

10. HelloMikee macrumors 6502a

HelloMikee

I was in a predicament a couple months ago needing a new phone and ending up using my upgrade to get the htc one x. While it has a lovely screen, I feel the same way about the "more things android can do"

It's all a bit pointless and widgets do eat up battery life leaving me empty mid day. Not to mention slows down the phone.

Mail on htc is a JOKE too. You can't see full emails. You have to scroll around to see emails. Google it, there's no solution. You can zoom in on emails but you can't zoom completely out to see it full view.

UI and design wise it was the closest to looking very apple which I liked. Ultimately though I was missing the simplicity, ease and quickness to do things on a mobile device.

Fast forward to the 20th of September. As I was putting up my ad to sell my phone I saw someone had wanted to trade their 4s for my htc one x. Sure enough I jumped on the deal. Ended up trading that along with a 4 a family friend gave me for 470 best buy gift card and I'm here loving my 64gb iphone 5.

Glad to have tried android but its definitely not the OS for me.

11. KPOM macrumors G5

I had a Nexus One for nearly 2 years before switching to the iPhone 4S and now the 5. When Google announced the Nexus One wouldn't be getting ICS I decided to make the switch. With turn-by-turn navigation iOS has plugged the biggest feature gap (at least for those of us in regions where Maps has decent data), and overall iOS is a smoother running system.

12. cipher29 macrumors regular

I went from the iPhone 4 to the HTC One X and back to the 5... The One X was such a piece of @#%!