Would you buy a case if it charges the iPhone on the go?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by nickspohn, Jul 17, 2008.

?

Would you be interested in this case?

1. I would buy that in a heartbeat if it works great!

4 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. I would want to see it before i buy it.

18 vote(s)
    75.0%
  3. I wouldn't buy something like this. My battery life is fine as it is.

2 vote(s)
    8.3%
  1. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

First of all, i know of 1 other company that makes these, but i'm currently working on this (and of course my other idea i mentioned awhile back about home control)

I've come up with a few concepts. And all of them can be used, but i want to know if you would buy something like this if it was priced between $50-$75.

1) A dock like thing that connects to the bottom of the iPhone that covers the sides and back of the iPhone.

2) A case like any other case, but it has a battery either on the bottom, or on the back of the iPhone.

3) A case that has a flap that can cover the front of the iPhone, and is lifted up and goes around the back of the iPhone. I could possibly make this one solar powered.

I'll get pics up as soon as i can, but it will be able to fit in your pocket comfortable, protect the iPhone at the same time, and of course have it has backup power.

2. honeycrisp macrumors regular

I wouldn't buy it, but I'm not a case user at all, so I'm probably not your target audience anyway.

3. Sean Dempsey macrumors 68000

Sean Dempsey

I WOULD buy a battery case, yes. Would be great to pop it on at the end of a day when you still needed a few more hours.

I would pay up to $99 for it depending on the extra hours it gives.

4. nickspohn thread starter macrumors 68040

nickspohn

bump

a slightly cheaper model with less power charge or a slightly more expensive model (im not going to go passed $100) that can keep a charge.

Or just have one base model.

5. Sweetbike40 macrumors 65816

Sweetbike40

I'm sure it would be pretty ugly and chunky, so no way.

6. nickspohn thread starter macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Uh, okay? So what if it looked good?

It's going to look very nice. Just as any other nice, casual case would. Leather is probably an option, but i can have different colors probably of the regular model.

7. auggie2k macrumors member

auggie2k

Your description sounds awfully like this...

[​IMG]

I wouldn't buy it. I would but this though...

[​IMG]

8. Sean Dempsey macrumors 68000

Sean Dempsey

I wouldn't leave it in the case, I'd just have it charge in it in my pocket and when I needed the phone, I'd just pop it out of the case real quick.

9. Xirian macrumors member

If it looked nice and charged via solar I'd buy it. The problem is any I've seen with solar have looked disgustingly ugly or huge.

10. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

I would buy something along the lines of Mophie's case/charger for times when I'm traveling and expect to be away from a power source for longer than usual...