Would you buy the 2016 MBP 13 for 800€?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Sensamic, Jun 24, 2017.

1. Sensamic macrumors 68030

Someone is offering me the 2016 MBP.13" without touchbar for 800€ second hand.

I mainly want it for couch web surfing and maybe to be my next main machine. I've got a late 2009 27" iMac which I'm very happy with. I'm in no hurry for a new main machine. Just want something more powerful and versatile than a tablet for couch web surfing.

800€ is a great deal. Battery has only 33 cicles. My doubts are with the issues this model has, mainly with the keyboard (keys getting stuck for many people and with loud noises), the poor battery life and the high pitch noise people seem to suffer on a thread here.

Maybe I should wait a couple more years to buy a MBP? Or should I get this deal?

It would become my main computer also for the next 8 years minimum.

Thanks!

2. ab298 macrumors member

Not to doubt that some had real problems... I had one key (F2) sometimes not register on first press, cleaning fixed that. A tendency to double-type on some keys : inconsistent, and gone now, so my getting used to the very different kb action from a 2007, I feel.

Otherwise : excellent battery life, no odd noises, splendidly quiet & cool. That said, I can see how pushing it harder for longer would drum up some heat & consequent shorter battery time.