Would you buy the iPhone 5 if....? [POOL]

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by EarthNeutron, Jan 22, 2012.

?

Would you buy the iPhone 5 if....?

1. A new design

63.9%
  2. A bigger screen (higher res/ AMOLED) 4 inch +

55.7%
  3. A bigger screen (lower res/ LED IPS) 4 inch +

18.0%
  4. A gigantic screen 5+ inches

6.6%
  5. Better Cameras (front and back)

42.6%
  6. Better Back-facing Camera

23.0%
  7. Larger Battery

59.0%
  8. Gorilla Glass 2

46.7%
  9. Quad Core CPU

45.9%
  10. Quad Core GPU (like de PS Vita)

21.3%
  11. Better Siri integration (new commands and an IQ boost)

39.3%
  12. LTE/4G

54.9%
  13. Something revolutionary

33.6%
  14. ANDROID OS! ******* yeah!

4.1%
  15. I don't give a firetruck!

5.7%
  1. EarthNeutron macrumors regular

EarthNeutron

I won't buy it even if it will make me a sandwich. I'm keeping my 4S for at least 3-4 years.

2. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

I can't wait to get rid of my iPhone 4S. I've had really bad luck with quality control on my devices and replacement devices, along with the rest of my family and close friends. If I knew quality control was going to slip so much from the iPhone 4 I would have never sold it.

3. EarthNeutron thread starter macrumors regular

EarthNeutron

Hmm strange. I've had issues with all of my apple devices but they were minor like power button jiggle and scratches on the back of my iPad 2. Anyway, the only products that I've had zero issue with were my Mac and my. iPhone 4S

4. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

There is nothing that will make me buy an iPhone 5 unless my upgrade eligibility date magically moves up to the point where I'd be able to buy the iPhone 5 for subsidized pricing.

Otherwise, I don't really feel like wasting money on a new phone. My 4S is fine. My 3GS was even fine except it was breaking.

5. cynics macrumors G3

I have a 4s and a bigger screen would make me consider it. Only if it's as easy as swapping the sim card though. Company phone. :)

6. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

7. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

LTE/4G would be the motivation for me to switch, IF the battery life was okay. Otherwise, I wouldn't bother.

8. infam0uz macrumors regular

infam0uz

I pick it all cept for android or i dont give a firetruck.

9. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

I was going to vote for "Bigger 4" + Screen with Amoled". I figured with a 4" screen comes with a new design. However, I based my vote on what was more exciting for me, that is a "New Design", if that helps in your poll.

10. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Can not afford haha :eek: I'll be keeping the 4S for at least 2-3 years.

11. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

pretty much any kind of 4 inch screen, 4G/LTE with T-Mobile support and a faster CPU with equal or better battery would make me upgrade from my 4S.

Aside of that revolutionary things like a LED notification light and a SD card slot would be great.

I have killed....aehm switched off SIRI.

12. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

Current iPhone 4S is 3.5 inches, but I would not mind if it was 3.7 to 4 inches if it were kept in the same size form factor. Reason I got rid of my Galaxy 2S that it was too big even though I have big hands. 4G would be nice but the carriers still need to work harder on this LTE to make it better (Which they will)

Better battery life would be plus as well ;)
    Gorilla Glass 2 as well.

13. Hastings101 macrumors 68010

Hastings101

My current contract should be up around the time the iPhone 5 comes out next year, but I'd only buy it if there was something "revolutionary" and game changing about it - and I don't mean a quad core processor, LTE, or Siri2.

Otherwise, I'll probably just stick with my iPhone 4S until it dies or Apple kills it with a laggy software update like they did my iPhone 3G. I hate switching to a new phone unless it's a massive improvement.

14. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

15. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

This is a pool? Where's the water and the floaties?

I'm very happy with my iPhone 5G and don't plan on upgrading until the iPhone 7G.

16. superstarmc macrumors regular

LTE 4G. I have an iPad and a MacBook air, I don't need a 4.65" screen. When I'm available for an upgrade I'll get whatever model is around in 20 months.

17. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

I will probably be buying the iphone 5 regardless but I held on to my iPhone 4 and bypassed the 4S in hopes of a different design and a bigger screen..... Not that I have any issues with the iPhone 4 design, just ready for something different.

18. Xcallibur, Jan 23, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2012

Xcallibur macrumors 6502a

Xcallibur

I would want the 5 to have at least a 720p if not 1080p front-facing camera, the back-facing camera is superb, although it would be awesome if there was an optical zoom feature (although that would probably require larger hardware, not entirely sure if there are tiny optical zoom camera lenses available), in addition to the optical zoom, the ability to zoom whilst recording video would be great (however optical zooming whilst recording would be ideal).

4G compatability would be great, along with NFC capability, aside the hardware differences; a widget to control the playback of music in the Notification Centre would be handy too (I know there is an add-on available for this purpose on Jailbroken devices, but I'd rather the OS used to be clean and promptly updated) (it would help to save the home button from getting over-used if this widget was added). The ability to tweet what media is playing (within any application) is a must!

19. In Like Flynn macrumors regular

If ...... it came JB, (otherwise I may try a different phone next time around).

20. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

A must for you, not everyone has to tweet everything.

21. Hey Jude macrumors 6502a

Hey Jude

I love the 4/4S design, so the new iPhone's design would have to blow me away in order for me to upgrade. I am pretty happy with my phone, as is.

22. Xcallibur macrumors 6502a

Xcallibur

Neither do I, although I do think if a feature is implemented directly in an operating system's core features, it should be implemented system-wide wherever it is applicable to be used.

23. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

AMOLED is a power hog. I'll be happy if it keeps its LCD. But I do want a 4" screen (doesn't need to be bigger than 4") - same 960x640 is fine, and 4G-LTE on VZW.

That'll make me happy. Honestly, speed and storage could stay the same. 4" 960x640 LCD and LTE and I'm sold.

24. In Like Flynn macrumors regular

Wow, if one were to click on all the threads YOU started about problems with your 4s, they'd call you a bald faced liar. :eek: How can you post you had zero issues with your 4s?

http://forums.macrumors.com/search.php?searchid=26006630

25. Xcallibur macrumors 6502a

Xcallibur

Just remembered to add, changing the aspect-ratio of the screen to 16:9 would be great too, there are many a time I have watched a video/program only to find the video not quite full-screen, which is quite annoying. I do realise any change in the screen's aspect-ratio would make for drastic changes in how applications are displayed on iOS though.