Would you buy the iPhone 5S with these features?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by irDigital0l, Mar 29, 2013.

?

Would you buy the iPhone 5S with these features?

1. Yes

21 vote(s)
    20.8%
  2. Maybe

24 vote(s)
    23.8%
  3. No

56 vote(s)
    55.4%
  1. irDigital0l, Mar 29, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2013

irDigital0l Guest

Features from iPhone 5:
    iPhone 5 design
    4-inch Retina display
    LTE
    1GB RAM
    Lightning connector
    Siri

New features:
    Quad-core A7 chip
    LTE world band
    802.11ac Wi-Fi
    13MP iSight camera
    2MP FaceTime HD camera
    iOS 7

2. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

13MP camera is meaningless unless they make a larger sensor and nobody has any idea what's in store for iOS 7... which are the most needed changes to the iPhone right now.

3. TacticalDesire macrumors 68020

TacticalDesire

4. tekboi macrumors 6502a

tekboi

iOS7 is what really needs a boost. And yeah I would buy it.

but i'm honestly considering android if apple doesn't step it up soon. They have until June when my contract is up to do so.

5. Mrbobb macrumors 601

No.

No quadruple redundant molecular transporter, no sales.

6. GBR macrumors 6502

With that list of features iOS7 would have to be a significant upgrade. The problem with speed bumps at this stage if the game is the iPhone 5 is already really fast. In earlier iPhones I felt the lag of the older processor but with my iPhone 5 I have a hard time feeling that much more speed would be that noticeable. That's why I think it's time for apple to dump the 's' series all together and actually update the whole phone each time.

I never thought I'd say this but if the feature list you have is it (which I think you are close) and iOS7 isn't that big of an upgrade...... That HTC One is looking pretty cool......

7. irDigital0l thread starter Guest

I think its safe to say Apple knows that larger megapixels don't mean better images.

They even said that themselves during the iPhone 4S keynote.

Chances all its going to be all new optics, larger aperture, more IPS, lenses, flash, etc.

8. Beeplance macrumors 65816

Beeplance

Apple is already quite good with hardware, according to past models. I'm more interested in what's in store in iOS 7. :D

9. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

True, but until we know actual details, it's all hypothetical... and, true or not, I don't trust anything Apple says at a keynote to promote their own product as they've been known to change their tune as it suits them in the past.

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

The i5 already has 1GB of ram.
    I'm not constantly world travelling so I don't care about other LTE bands besides the one from my carrier.
    Better chip would be nice.
    Not really interested on the rest listed there. As long as I have my JB i5 I'm fine:)

11. irDigital0l thread starter Guest

I agree, but Apple was able to make the 8MP camera better so they kept their word for the 4S.

It's going to be harder this time though. They keep on making the device thinner. Its going to be interesting if they can pull off the camera again.

12. mapledress macrumors regular

Compared to the 13MP iSight camera and other specs, I have more interesting in the software. I am curious about what's in store for iOS 7 and what new remarkable features can it bring to us, better Siri , Maps or others.

13. dvoros macrumors 6502

new iPhone 5 features

4.9-5 inch screen
    13 mp camera with better sensor
    faster processor
    better battery

14. Tyrion macrumors 6502a

15. ChristianJapan macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

No bigger photo sensor required. The pixel getting too small; the noise will increase. No benefit. Rather less pixel and higher quality/low light sensitivity.

Safe that silicon and add NFC capabilities would be more helpful for me.

16. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

I doubt they will go quad-core, unless they intend on radically overhauling IOS7 (which I believe they will, eventually, but likely next year to tie in with iphone6, and that rumoured larger display). As it is, there isn't really anything you can do on your iphone that requires 4 cores, barring some really high-end games.

A7 makes sense if IOS7 introduces a few signature features that really require that extra horsepower. In this sense, iphone5 can support those features (but maybe start to feel a tad laggy), while 4s will receive only half of them.

If these are the only features (and IOS7 proves lackluster), then I will probably just stick with my current 4s (and finally consider jailbreaking for extra features) and hold out for iphone6.

17. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

1. Too thin already. Like the thickness and solid feeling of the 4S, so no to more thinness or lightness.

2. As stated, no need for 13 MP camera. Its the sensor that needs improving.

3. Same size not wider

4. Longer lasting battery

18. Jimmy James macrumors 68040

With that much resolution you need a better sensor just to break even on picture quality.

19. Chris092881 macrumors 6502

Throw in a Flux Capacitor and I'm in.

20. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

This.

21. maxosx macrumors 68020

After three releases beginning with iPhone 4, all of which I've owned, it's time for Apple to stop programming their followers to regurgitate the same old refrains.

"But look how many Apple sells, look at all the money."

"Look Ma, I can use it, one handed isn't that mind blowing!"

Yes we get it Apple, you've milked the product & the public until you have more cash than anyone. Now what?

22. camperdown9 macrumors regular

London, England & Chatillon-Sur-Seine, France
    The current iPhone 5 only supports 4G on one UK network, which is fine as only one network in the UK offer 4G. However in a few months that going to change and a range of networks are going to offer 4G on a range for frequencies in the UK.

So I would buy an iPhone 5s that can work on 4G with all UK networks. Simply to give me more choice.

Alex

23. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

I could give two craps about "thinner and lighter". People have their priorities screwed in the head. Honestly, people argue about .5 grams and .2 inches...come on. The bottom line is the next iPhone has to have a larger overall screen (not the stupid taller but still narrow body) and have a more flexible OS.

Also, people who ask for a better camera by way of increasing the MP don't know anything about photography.

24. TyPod macrumors 68000

TyPod

No, I'm extremely happy with my iPhone 5 and wont be upgrading until the iPhone 6 comes out!

25. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW