Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BearsFan4Life88

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 9, 2014
Few specs of dust under the screen and a loose vibrate switch? The loose vibrate switch causes the phone to rattle. IF you put your finger over it and apply light pressure it doesn't move. My 5S doesn't have this kind of play.

Then there is the dust under the screen. I am contemplating an exchange because it took forever for me to get this device.

This is a Space Gray iPhone 6 64GB.

eelw

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2012
Sorry, you opened yourself up to replies like that when you post about minor nitpicks about your phone. Yes you paid a lot for the phone and it should be in near perfect condition. But you're the only one that can answer if those minor issues will bug you or not. My 5 out of the box and a few nicks on the chamfer. I wasn't going to be all OCD about it and was fine with living with it.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
Yeah if most things are working well I'm not sure I would.

Exchange game gives me a migraine. I try to dodge it like the plague when I can. Ruins the enjoyment too.

I'd just do what some are doing: use it as a free ticket to exchange towards the end of the warranty.

Digging my 128 space grey :D

BearsFan4Life88

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 9, 2014
Well, it is my device, and I am the one who has to live with it. The price tag on the phone was near $900. In my opinion, way too much for a device that is a minimal improvement over the 5S. I could just return it and use my 5S another year as it has 7.1.2 on it. 7.1.2 runs way smoother than 8.0.2 on the 6.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
While it is your device and you paid for it. The question is, can you really live with the defects that you have? I paid mine for a full price and I expect my device to be defect free.

If you think the dust under the screen is bugging you then return and exchange it. If the vibrate/silent switch is loose or doesn't meet your expectation the return it and get it exchanged.

Don't live with those defects. I'm very nitpick about the screen quality and if I see an uneven tint or even a pissy yellow tint, it's an immediate trip to the apple store.

TwoBayDude

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2014
Well, it is my device, and I am the one who has to live with it. The price tag on the phone was near $900. In my opinion, way too much for a device that is a minimal improvement over the 5S. I could just return it and use my 5S another year as it has 7.1.2 on it. 7.1.2 runs way smoother than 8.0.2 on the 6.

You answered your own question. Lookit that!

metacuate

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2014

Take it back. I've taken them back for less and they have replaced it. I had my 5S replaced because the home button rattled.

movieator

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2009
LA, CA
Ok. Sure.

Now, what would Ditka do? He would get what the hell it is that he wants! Right? RIGHT?!?

Anyway, take it in to the store.

Here, allow me to help.

metacuate

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2014

The new iOS works perfect on mine. I blame user error

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.