Would you get mad if Apple released Ipad 3 this year or even early next year?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Phil-82, Apr 22, 2011.

1. Phil-82 macrumors member

I know I would. It took me a while to save up for this so a ipad3 in the near future would kill me inside.

2. WorldIRC macrumors 6502

When you buy a piece of technology, ALWAYS assume it will be out of date by the time you get home. If you can't swallow that, then don't buy it.

3. Brookzy macrumors 68040

Brookzy

Just stay on the ball in early 2012 and watch for rumours about the iPad 3. Then sell your iPad 2 for a relatively decent price (obviously the prices crash when the next generation is released).

Then you won't have to spend that much upgrading. It's saving for the first one that's difficult.

And yes. There will be an iPad 3 sometime early next year. That's how Apple keep raking in the cash.

4. cube macrumors G5

I'm not buying the iPad 2. I would like the iPad 3 to be released this year with Retina Display, 1 GiB RAM, good cameras, and SDXC slot.

5. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

I bought one for my wife, and the screen resolution and cameras are really disappointing. I think the iPad 3 has to bring more than that to make it attractive for current iPad owners.

6. gadget123 macrumors 68000

Ipad 3 won't come before March 2012.

Why would Apple release another one when the Ipad 2 is selling well?

No idea where the rumours of two releases a year are coming from? If Iphone 5 is late I'd expect iphone 6 June 2012 or slightly later from then on.

One Ipad a year is enough. Chances are it's taken them a good few months after Ipad 2 to develop Ipad 2.

7. Mitch2742 macrumors member

I would feel more anger toward myself for ignoring the rumors, haha. But really, no, I would not be angry.

8. KateSorensen macrumors newbie

KateSorensen

I would quick sell my iP2 and buy iP3. I've only had this one 3 weeks. Love it. Can't decide on a case yet.

9. gadget123 macrumors 68000

Why discuss it? It won't happen.

I know there was rumours going round the internet but it's quite funny. Ipad 3 when ipad 1 was on sale?

What a joke! :p

10. Blue Fox macrumors 6502a

Blue Fox

This is MacRumors. Someone will ALWAYS be mad if Apple does or doesn't do something. :D

If Apple releases iPad 3 this year, a ton of people will be mad and will write about how mad they are in thousands of threads, and will put emoticons like :mad: ten times in their posts.

On the other hand.....

If Apple doesn't release an iPad 3 this year, people will still get mad, and write about how mad they are in a thousand threads with a ton of the :mad: icons as well.

No matter what Apple does......people always find a way to whine about it.

11. steadysignal macrumors 6502a

steadysignal

haters hate. nothing more.

i heart haters.

i wish people could just enjoy what is there and not complain, but that will never happen.

12. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

I fully expect that they will release iPad 3 about a year after this one - so, early next year. I purposely did not buy an iPad 1 because of the old saw about never buying v1.0 of anything (especially anything from Apple). I waited impatiently for 2 to come out, grabbed it as soon as I could, and intend to keep it probably at least 2-3 years before upgrading. I assume by then they'll be on iPad 4-5. I don't know why the appearance of iPad 3 any time in between should upset me - I chose to buy now, deciding that this model meets my needs/wants and without any intention of upgrading soon. I'm sure 3 will be nicer, but n+1 always is. n+2 will be even better, and maybe I'll get that.

13. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

This is sadly true.

14. sineplex macrumors 6502

OH MY GOD !

They bring out a new model every year . . . just like every other manufacturer.

They're all the same. Cars, computers, electronics, toys and clothing.
    Just buy one, enjoy it and stop whinging, whining and complaining. :mad:

Buy iPad 2 keep it nice and sell it a year later on ebay and buy the next one if you're not satisfied.

You people will be the same when iPad 3 comes out wishing for iPad 4 and the retina display . . . it's R E D I C U L O U S !!

Enjoy now, life is too short.
    ****, put $10 away a week, 52 weeks in a year, for goodness sakes, that's an ipad 3 right there.
    Oh *cries* i have to save and save . . . for a luxury toy. . .

15. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

wow dude, maybe it's time to increase the dose. Don't know what you read, but the post I read didn't have any REDICULOUS WHINGING or complaining.

16. jackc macrumors 65816

jackc

I could understand if it came out a month later because you could have waited and got a better deal, but early next year and you'll still be mad? That's just ridiculous -- don't you want more revisions to be out by the time you upgrade?

17. sineplex macrumors 6502

dude, there are countless threads like this. i'm tired of people who think their ipad is the second coming
    and think that Apple is betraying them if they bring out a new model or that they'll "die inside".

Dying inside is just plain sad.

chillax :rolleyes:

18. ani23 macrumors 6502

Couldn't car less. I am enjoying my ipad2. Will just gift it to some relative and get the 3

19. ani23 macrumors 6502

If you don't care don't comment. Go back hide under your rock. A forums purpose is to discuss.

20. bembol macrumors 65816

bembol

No, I wish they would. Give us what we really want.

If I feel it's worth selling it to upgrade I would. That's the beauty of owning Apple, I can easily sell and depending on the buyer my lost may not be that much.

21. Hans Brix macrumors 6502

Exactly. Instead of being angry, why not sell it to fund the purchase of the next model? Apple devices are always in demand and hold their value quite well.

22. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

Damn yoo Hans Brix! Do yoo have any idea how faaaacking busy I am, Hans Brix?! :D
    [/off topic]

23. Hans Brix macrumors 6502

America, .... ....! :D

24. s15119 macrumors 65816

s15119

no - it would be beyond dumb to be mad over progress. progress is good. enjoy what you have.

25. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

If it was not for the very early backlight bleeding posts from the USA right after the launch, then I would of placed an order in the UK for our launch a couple of weeks later.

I never did, as the bleeding complaints grew and grew to the point I just did not want to get involved in the mess.

As it turns out, I am now glad I did not, and the hype for the new model has died, and reality is that, really it's not THAT much different to the 1st model

It's just going to be a few games that look a little better, almost no utilities that will look any different, and they overall speed is a bit better, but after a week you would get used to the new speed and not notice it anyway.

Admittedly the very poor quality camera's are holding me off also. I would rather wait for something half decent in this respect.

It seems like the iPad is a bit faster, but lower quality made version of iPad1.

If anything iPad1 is too good!

By the time iPad3 comes along, there should be a lot more apps that offer enhanced graphics to actually warrant moving up from iPad1.

Also, by iPad3, we will have iOS 5 which hopefully will actually be something built from new to be a proper tablet OS and not just a tweaked phone OS blown up on a large screen as we have now.

So, all in all, I'm hoping a few things will all come together, software and hardware to make iPad3 a purchase to go for.

I will admit, I'm still very dubious about a 2048x1536 res screen on iPad3.