Would you guys like a "monster" iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MonteiroVi, Oct 27, 2012.

1. MonteiroVi macrumors newbie

So, here's the deal: I am a lot imaginative. When it comes to smartphones, wich are my passion, I start crating more and more concepts of hardware, software, interfaces, etc. Would you guys like(and buy) a "iPhone Pro"? A monster with ridiculous specs like a quadcore 2,6 Ghz, 3800mAh battery, 3 or 4 gigs of RAM and one of the brand new Full HD displays. Maybe a great camera too, with bigger lens and a 22MP sensor? What do you guys think? What would be the dream specs on a phone for you?

2. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I'm actually quite happy with my 4S - size and spec wise.
    Wouldn't mind LTE though.

3. richmds macrumors regular

Yes I would love that!
    Can you make it with cupholders as well?

4. Dizzler macrumors regular

No thanks.

5. Feed Me macrumors 6502a

Feed Me

6. MonteiroVi thread starter macrumors newbie

lol idk what cupholders means and google translator isn't helping, so I'll go by the meaning of the two words in there. Was it a joke? Or you didn't like de suggestion?

7. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

Something like the oppo 5 running ios yes! I would love to have a 1080p 5" running ios.

8. dmelgar macrumors 68000

No.
    Dream iphone doesn't have anything to do w specs. It's what can it do.
    iPhone 5 is already more capable than any android phone regardless of CPU speed, cores, ram. That's android speak trying to overpower an inherently poor design that can never be as smooth as iOS. Windows of all things can also be smooth on less powerful hardware.

9. Infinig03 macrumors member

Smartphones are your passion? ...... ..... .. .

10. MonteiroVi thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes. Tech, in general. But most specificaly phones since my first iPhone. :)

----------

I'm not sure, probably it doesn't because it's OS, but LG Optimus G with that giant screen is almost if not as fluid as the iPhone 5. And also, iOS 6 sucks. User experience here, I upgraded my jailbroken iOS 5.1.1 thinking tha it would be worthy... I was terribly wrong. The maps are nice, my complaints goes to other things like widgets. NCSettings and some weather stuff should come as an option, with round corners design it would look harmonic and beautiful. This user experience in iOS is its biggest defect. It is really simple and intuitive, but you cannot customize for a even better experience like Android. And that's the main reason I'm almost surely switching to GS4 next year.

11. jkim3691 macrumors 6502a

What you just described is a computer in our pockets...wtf. This isn't creating a concept, it's just dreaming.

12. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

13. duneriderltr450 macrumors 6502

duneriderltr450

Yes I want a phone with a 100GHz processor, 1000gb ram, nuclear battery and a chip that gets implanted in my brain to control the phone.

Thanks.

14. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

Not a Pro like that but I would like a Pro with a larger ~4.5" screen with the rest of the specs the same other than a larger battery the larger screen would allow.

15. MonteiroVi thread starter macrumors newbie

Chill guys! It was just a far-fetched idea. That's why I asked you what would be your specs for a dream phone. I am particulary tired of iOS, maybe I'll get a nexus instead of GS4, since I hate touch wiz... And a 4,5" display is not a bad idea for an iPhone! Actually, I just want to know if apple plans anything for the phablets market... iPadphone... And then they coul sue Asus for copying becore they've created it! Ok, just kidding.

16. jkim3691 macrumors 6502a

Go ahead get the Nexus. I bought one over the summer thinking I was going to jump ship. The thing is a POS. Hardware is awful. If you're tired of iOS, then jailbreak. Can't wait for it to come out for the 5.

17. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

Thread title should be "Would you guys like an Android?"

Sounds like you reeeaaally want one but also want our blessing as iPhone users. We don't give a **** either way. The phone you describe, to me, sounds very stupid.

18. kaibex macrumors 6502

kaibex

That would be good, can you spot me the £2000+ it would cost?! ;)

19. cynics macrumors G3

If it was at a reasonable price and size then yes. And I'm sure we will see something like that one day but not anytime soon.

20. Jord5i macrumors member

I am starting to think this guy is a troll....

21. Caliber26 macrumors 68000

Caliber26

I'm content with the specs of my iPhone 5 but if Apple released an iPhone with a 'monster' screen, like the Samsung Note's, I would be in heaven! At that point, I would just ditch my iPad and make that my sole iDevice.

22. Myiphone7 macrumors 6502a

My dream phone will be the iphone 5 S.

23. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

those dream specs would drive up the price to manufacture and in the end wouldn't effect much. How many apps push the iPhone to its full limit? The iPhone 5 is running perfectly fine at 1.3ghz underclocked and Apple's apparent tweaks to the battery makes it last longer, 1gb of ram is sufficient and the 22mp would make the phone HUGE

24. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

LOL, it crosses my mind to consider what else cupholders could be, and I won't elaborate so I don't get censored, but anyway: Cup holders in a car are to hold beverage containers, usually they're a couple of holes in a tray that slides out from same area as ashtray.

And no i don't want a monster smartphone, the 4S is good enough for government work and then some.