Would you guys pay 1400 right now for "Like new" 15" Retina MBP w/ AMD R9?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by luciobar1980, Jun 5, 2016.

1. luciobar1980 macrumors newbie

luciobar1980

Have an opportunity to buy this locally. Can't decide if I should wait. This would be perfectly adequate for my use, but I can't help but feel that maybe I should wait. The Touch OLED Bar or whatever doesn't excite me too much, but it could end up being cool, and the bump in graphics power in the integrated graphics could make that a viable option. SHOULD I DO IT!?!?!?! AAAHHH@*)@#&!(#!!!!! haha. :)

2. killawat macrumors 65816

If it still has AppleCare its not a bad rig, but you will be missing out on all USB-C/Thunderbolt 3 options.

3. luciobar1980 thread starter macrumors newbie

luciobar1980

I don't think it has Applecare but does have the standard warranty until March 2017. I really don't see what the fuss is about for the USB-C/thunderbolt. I guess I don't see myself taking advantage of it much. Maybe I'm naive to the benefits?
    --- Post Merged, Jun 5, 2016 ---
    Hmmm, this model is now $2349 on Apple.com! ??? Price cut?

4. luciobar1980 thread starter macrumors newbie

luciobar1980

Welp, I went for it. Seems like a pretty damn good price, and aside from performance gains there wasn't anything about the new models (that I know of) that had me extremely excited. If the new ones are released and I cant live without one, I think this is a good enough price that I can resell it down the road and not lose too much.

Yes? Someone please just confirm that I made a reasonable decision. :p

5. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

Only you know that. Are you willing to pay $1100 more for the 2016 model? If not then you made the right decision.

6. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Yes, you made a reasonable decision to make that purchase.

You got the top end model for less than many have been getting the low end 15" machine over the last year, when they were getting them on sale.

Pick up Apple Care, and you can likely still pass off the machine and trade up to the newest machine later on down the road when you find one on sale.

I got lucky buying an open box entry level 2015 model a couple weeks after they were released for $1600. Would have loved to pay $200 less for your machine. :p

7. flavr macrumors 6502

flavr

I bought the same laptop last month for $1500 in perfect condition and wicked fast. Its a GREAT DEAL man! The new one might be nice but the higher end one will be $1000 more. Plus, you can always resell it for more than you bought it for if the new one is so great. You have no risk, nice buy man.

And think about THIS...tons of people all over the world bought the same laptop today from Apple for $2499 (plus tax!)...Id say we got a great deal.

8. The Catalyst macrumors 6502

9. luciobar1980 thread starter macrumors newbie

luciobar1980

10. throAU macrumors 601

throAU

No.

I would not buy any machine right now. Certainly not a high spec one, because that would imply need for performance, which is set to be changed drastically in the next couple of months due to new hardware releases.

11. SkVan Suspended

The new one will be at most a 10% performance increase. Skylake and port swap/removal isn't worth a $1k premium.

You did well, OP.