Would you let the colour of a phone put you off

Stu9

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 24, 2012
Mine's in for repair (HTC One) but was told that they might not be able to get the parts (camera) and that if they can't, would i take a new red one. I've allways had black, never a colour, she said i'm stupid and it's still a new one and to hell with the colour

Phil A.

Staff member
Apr 2, 2006
Shropshire, UK
I personally wouldn't want a red phone and I think the HTC One looks hideous in red!
I much prefer dark colours for my phones (black, grey or dark blue are the only colours I've ever bought)

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
I hope the repair person didn't actually say that to you. I would take it up to someone of higher authority or ask for my phone back and leave a negative review calling out on that behavior.

It's not your fault you don't like red.

Stu9

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 24, 2012
I wouldn't take a red One. I wouldn't mind the silver.
I don't like silver

I hope the repair person didn't actually say that to you. I would take it up to someone of higher authority or ask for my phone back and leave a negative review calling out on that behavior.

It's not your fault you don't like red.
It's not that, if they can't get the parts that's what's on offer, they can't just send a new black one as they've got a backlog and waiting for them but plenty of coloured ie red, silver/white ect

ucfgrad93

macrumors P6
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
I don't like silver

It's not that, if they can't get the parts that's what's on offer, they can't just send a new black one as they've got a backlog and waiting for them but plenty of coloured ie red, silver/white ect
Well then as I see it you have 2 choices:

1. Wait for the black one, and continue to use your current phone.
2. Get a color you don't like.

Stu9

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 24, 2012
Didn't say i didn't like it, just that i've never had a colour, i'm looking at them online to see if i do.....but yep, that's the choices

mobilehaathi

macrumors G3
Aug 19, 2008
The Anthropocene
Didn't say i didn't like it, just that i've never had a colour, i'm looking at them online to see if i do.....but yep, that's the choices
So....instead of making up your own mind you wanted to subject the decision to GroupThink?;)

I don't care much for color either way, especially since my phone is largely covered by a case. If use of the new phone was more important to me than my uncertainty about the color, I'd just take the new phone.

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
Can always put a case on it to cover up the colour. To me colour is not important. It is the features of the phone that are important to me.

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
Mine's in for repair (HTC One) but was told that they might not be able to get the parts (camera) and that if they can't, would i take a new red one. I've allways had black, never a colour, she said i'm stupid and it's still a new one and to hell with the colour
This is why I like Apple's service. They should give you back exactly what you gave them IMO.

That being said, I like the red and wouldn't have a problem using it. But I imagine many people wouldn't like being forced into another color.