Would you like to see a removable battery in the iPhone 5?

Coldsnow

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 4, 2012
Removable battery or not? I say yes because I feel like the lifespan of the battery will last so much longer if it was removable.

Indy21

macrumors 6502
Mar 24, 2008
People have been asking for this since the first iPhone. I don't think it's happening anytime soon.

I used to wish that they would switch to removable but now I just want a bigger battery that will last longer. 2500+ would be nice. Don't think that's happening anytime soon either.

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY
Removable battery or not? I say yes because I feel like the lifespan of the battery will last so much longer if it was removable.
The battery will last longer if it is removable??? :confused:

I like it as is. It's actually easy to replace if you want it replaced. Otherwise it is thin and sealed. Perfect.

applemessiah

macrumors member
Jul 8, 2011
Don't know if it's just me but I thought 4 and 4s had removable battery? Two small bolts at the bottom, slide back cover and one more that holds connector and battery comes out and can be easily replaced. Maybe replaceable by user vs apple is what thread starter meant...

TallGuy1970

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2010
I thought when I first switched to iPhone that the absence of a removable battery would be a big deal. I can now report... no big deal!

MLG

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2012
Never gonna happen...that's one of those things that Apple has shown that they will not change.

bushman4

macrumors 68030
Mar 22, 2011
Apples not in the battery business. Sealing the unit has its advantages as well.
Battery most likely remains Not removable in the Iphone5

noteple

macrumors 65816
Aug 30, 2011
No, I want it as thin as possible with out the overhead of battery packaging.

By the time the battery fails I will have long since moved on to the next phone.

My 3G still has a workable battery but I don't use it as a phone anymore.

emma777

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2012
India, New delhi
Would love to see a removable battery. Also it would be nice if you had the ability to buy longer life batteries like you can with many model androids.

therealjustin

macrumors member
Dec 12, 2011
Yes! At least make it replaceable(with proper tools) like with the 4 and 4S. It just makes sense.

Sadly it looks like the new unibody design will not allow for that.

theappleman3000

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2011
No! As long as i have a nice looking phone and good battery life, why would i want to. Just look at the gs3 does it look beautiful with that cheap plastic back :apple:

callan37

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2011
I don't particularly see the point. It would mean that the phone would have a smaller battery and some clunky mechanism to enable removal of the battery. I've seen hundreds of phones with removable batteries, and the mechanism is never elegant.

DerekRod

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2012
NY
never gonna happen.Even HTC and googorolla dont have em HTC One X and Razr Maxxx have non user replaceable batteries now