Would you like to see a removable battery in the iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Coldsnow, Aug 5, 2012.

1. Coldsnow macrumors regular

Removable battery or not? I say yes because I feel like the lifespan of the battery will last so much longer if it was removable.

[​IMG]

2. Indy21 macrumors 6502

People have been asking for this since the first iPhone. I don't think it's happening anytime soon.

I used to wish that they would switch to removable but now I just want a bigger battery that will last longer. 2500+ would be nice. Don't think that's happening anytime soon either.

3. NewbieCanada macrumors 68030

The only removable battery you'll ever see is the kind that's built into an external case.

4. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

The battery will last longer if it is removable??? :confused:

I like it as is. It's actually easy to replace if you want it replaced. Otherwise it is thin and sealed. Perfect.

5. applemessiah macrumors member

Don't know if it's just me but I thought 4 and 4s had removable battery? Two small bolts at the bottom, slide back cover and one more that holds connector and battery comes out and can be easily replaced. Maybe replaceable by user vs apple is what thread starter meant...

6. TallGuy1970 macrumors 6502

I thought when I first switched to iPhone that the absence of a removable battery would be a big deal. I can now report... no big deal!

7. MLG macrumors regular

Never gonna happen...that's one of those things that Apple has shown that they will not change.

8. batting1000 macrumors 604

9. bushman4 macrumors 68000

Apples not in the battery business. Sealing the unit has its advantages as well.
    Battery most likely remains Not removable in the Iphone5

10. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

11. noteple macrumors 65816

No, I want it as thin as possible with out the overhead of battery packaging.

By the time the battery fails I will have long since moved on to the next phone.

My 3G still has a workable battery but I don't use it as a phone anymore.

12. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

No. Helps keep the cost down by not having to build a consumer-friendly batt container inside.

13. irDigital0l Guest

No.

As long as Apple keep battery life good with 4G LTE and the bigger retina display. I'm good.

14. emma777 macrumors member

Would love to see a removable battery. Also it would be nice if you had the ability to buy longer life batteries like you can with many model androids.

15. therealjustin macrumors member

Yes! At least make it replaceable(with proper tools) like with the 4 and 4S. It just makes sense.

Sadly it looks like the new unibody design will not allow for that.

16. theappleman3000 macrumors newbie

No! As long as i have a nice looking phone and good battery life, why would i want to. Just look at the gs3 does it look beautiful with that cheap plastic back :apple:

17. callan37 macrumors newbie

I don't particularly see the point. It would mean that the phone would have a smaller battery and some clunky mechanism to enable removal of the battery. I've seen hundreds of phones with removable batteries, and the mechanism is never elegant.

18. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

I still want two batteries as rumored before the first iPhone was released. :p

19. Darrensk8 macrumors 6502

Darrensk8

I don't see it as a big deal, just make the battery bigger :D

20. DerekRod macrumors 6502a

DerekRod

never gonna happen.Even HTC and googorolla dont have em HTC One X and Razr Maxxx have non user replaceable batteries now

21. Lukkee24 macrumors 6502a

To be honest, I'm fine with it how it is. It doesn't bother me.