would you like to

new candidates

• Hillary is the best

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Trump is the best

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • we Miss Renzatic

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Midget for president, taco trucks everywhere.

Votes: 21 70.0%
  • got to hell Midget

Votes: 7 23.3%

• Total voters

vrDrew

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2010
Midlife, Midwest
I really believe that tacos are the new favorite American food.

Hot dogs are full of nitrates, fillers, and odd bits of pig caracass. Nobody makes apple pies any more. Hamburgers are bad for your cholesterol.

But pretty much everyone eats tacos. They are easy and cheap to make. I bet there isn't a town in this country where you can't find a restaurant (or minimart) that sells them. Kids like them. People with bad teeth like them (all the fillings are already chopped up.) You get your four basic food groups in them.

I've had some tacos that were outstanding (Cempazuchi, on Milwaukee's Brady Street is my current favorite - their grilled shrimp and fresh spinach, topped with tomato and onion, and a lime aioli is exquisite). I've had a few tacos that were disappointing: Anything from the drive-thru window at Taco Bell after 9 pm is asking for mediocrity. But never a taco that was just disgusting. You can always get people to eat a taco.

Most of the tacos you get here in the midwest aren't anything like what you find in Mexico City or Toluca. But they are still pretty good. I just wish there was a taco truck down the corner from me right now, because this thread has got me hungry.

Raid

macrumors 68020
Feb 18, 2003
Toronto
No, knave, the official title would be Taco Truck Czar.
Too Russian, don't want to be affiliated with those Commies eh? How about Taco Truck Tycoon? It has a capitalist ring to it, though not much of an official position.

VulchR

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2009
Scotland
jkcerda gets my vote only if he knows more than the generals.
[doublepost=1476392232][/doublepost]
LaBamba's, lived on it in college. Their slogan "Burrito's as big as your head" is dead on accurate.

Good god - does it come with a coronary bypass special? Meanwhile, in the UK after Brexit...

BoxerGT2.5

macrumors 68000
Jun 4, 2008
jkcerda gets my vote only if he knows more than the generals.
[doublepost=1476392232][/doublepost]

Good god - does it come with a coronary bypass special? Meanwhile, in the UK after Brexit...
lol, so good after a night of drinking. Some mornings you paid for it though.

MadeTheSwitch

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2009
I would have voted for Midget for President as I like the idea of taco trucks everywhere, if not for the fear that that would mean guns everywhere too. :(

Reactions: jkcerda

Zenithal

macrumors G3
Sep 10, 2009
When I was in university, there was an absurdly small restaurant a few blocks from campus. It was a Mexican joint and my God did they have the best lengua tacos in the world. Better than the stuff I've had in Mexico. Sadly, they closed up after selling out to a developer some years later. A lot of places closed down back then. I mean, it's been a long time, but I went there for a family member's daughter's white coat ceremony and the entire place apart from the campus looks different.

Reactions: LizKat and jkcerda

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
Let's be glad Trump didn't promise Taco Trucks at every corner. Seems to be a game changer.

Since I'm a bit taco-resistant I'm calling out mr. jkcerda for setting up false hopes and cheap propaganda. Sorry to be that guy.