Would you rather have an iPhone 5S or a MBA?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tymaster50, Aug 18, 2013.

?

iPhone 5s or MBA?

1. iPhone

7 vote(s)
    17.9%
  2. MBA

16 vote(s)
    41.0%
  3. Neither

8 vote(s)
    20.5%
  4. Try for both

8 vote(s)
    20.5%
  1. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

I already have a windows 8 laptop (free upgrade from my school) a iPhone 5 and an iPad Mini but I'm getting almost 2k for essentially free (refund from my school). So yeah which one would you rather have?

2. afireintonto macrumors 6502a

afireintonto

Man refunds aren't free, you have to pay those back one day....
    How about you buy your textbooks and try to save the rest for emergencies.

3. tymaster50 thread starter macrumors 68030

tymaster50

I don't need textbooks we have ebooks and I can borrow a friends

4. Oui macrumors 6502

Since you seem to have everything already worked out.
    Why don't you start making some decisions on your own rather than asking advice on some Internet forum.

5. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

This is like asking "should I get a car or a house!" You can't compare the 2 at all.

6. Diseal3 macrumors 65816

7. Bear macrumors G3

Save your money and wait for an iPhone 6 or for when your laptop needs replacing.

Why would you have to pay back a refund? It just means you paid too much initially.

8. tymaster50 thread starter macrumors 68030

tymaster50

well to be fair i never DID ask for advice, I just asked which one people would prefer, but okay we can get into detail
    my laptop is stupid, it freezes if I plug my beats in after I use the computer for a while. Sometimes it freezes just to freeze, This hasn't happened before I upgraded to windows 8, my usb mouse also gets shut off unless it's plugged in a certain way.

my iPhone is perfectly fine, there's nothing wrong with it but if the next iPhone is substantially different (like 3gs to iPhone 4 different) of course I will want it.
    I want a MBA for integration with iOS 7 and OS X Mavericks.
    I want the new iPhone for it's colors(if that whole thing is true) and new features. There. Happy?

9. veneto macrumors member

Just get a MacBook Air. You won't regret it.

I already have both iPhone 5 and MacBook Air and will upgrade everything new.

Just get a Windows 8 computer to use at home.

10. Bear macrumors G3

Can't you go back to Windows 7?

If you already know what you want, why did you bother posting then? Asking what everybody would prefer doesn't help you much as everyone has different needs.

Windows 7 might be a better idea if they need windows.

11. Oui macrumors 6502

Yes you did here.

And proved it in your reply.

Perhaps those e books aren't working out.

ad•vice (ædˈvaɪs)

n.
    1. an opinion or recommendation offered as a guide to action, conduct, etc.: I acted on your advice.
    2. a communication, esp. from a distance, containing information: Advice from abroad states that the government has fallen.
    3. an official notification.

12. tymaster50 thread starter macrumors 68030

tymaster50

Well then whats the point of all the "Are you gonna buy/ are you excited for the new iPhone threads"? And I don't think I can without deleting everything on my laptop.

13. Bear macrumors G3

Those threads are a bit different in my opinion, although they each seem to start their own thread instead of using one of the existing ones. Also, you did seem to be asking for advice (to most people) when you already knew what you wanted to do.

And as for your laptop, don't you have a backup or 2 of your data and stuff?

14. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

A laptop and phone are two very different things.

I know the feeling of getting that huge refund. The excess of my scholarship gives me $5000 every semester. No loans. I save the money and place it in an interest bearing account and use the rest for books and stuff. It's not a good idea to blow the refund if it came from a loan. Use some of it for fun and maybe the other for paying back interest or some of the principal.

15. SHirsch999 macrumors 6502a

If you have $2000 to spend you can probably afford both, especially after selling your current iPhone. If I were in your position, though, I would enjoy what I currently have and wait until the retina iPad mini comes out.

16. bwsteg macrumors 6502

The good old refunds. How the government allows and gives students who go to community colleges extra money past their school tuition is beyond me. You do realize where that money comes from and who's responsible for paying for it?

17. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. I would also save it for unexpected expenses that almost always come up.

18. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

I mean, really, if I had to choose, I would wait until November or December to make any of those purchases. Why? Because if he expects a refund every semester, another one is around the corner. Wrong way of thinking though haha :p

19. R.Stoychev macrumors 6502a

R.Stoychev

20. tymaster50 thread starter macrumors 68030

tymaster50

Isn't it great trying to be a smart ass? You do realize I do not go to a community college right?

21. Mrbobb macrumors 601

The way this post started, "I have $2K burning in my pants, spend it on?"

Me: Give it to needy children.

22. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

I don't think he ever said he went to community. Also, what if the refund is from a scholarship? No need to pay that back.

23. tymaster50 thread starter macrumors 68030

tymaster50

Why don't we all just give away our stuff to needy kids?

24. perrywebb, Aug 18, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
  25. iPoopeh macrumors regular

iPoopeh

Do not get either... I'm also going to college in the next few days. When they give you your "refund", you have to pay that back once you graduate. Just let it sit there until you need it for school, if you ever need it for school that is.