Would you return/replace X if there’s a factory defect & replacement time is 4+ weeks?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Zune55, Oct 13, 2017.

1. Zune55 macrumors 6502a

Zune55

I had lot of cosmetic issues with 8 and there’s a thread about it too. Scratches on body and camera, chipped volume rocker etc...But i was able to exchange it on the spot due to it’s immediate availability. I hope this doesn’t happens to anyone but if does would you exchange it considering replacement won’t be available probably for long time? Or would you keep it as it is?

Update: Factory defect in terms of cosmetic not functionality wise.

2. akash.nu macrumors 604

akash.nu

I guess it depends on the defect. Some people will be fine with minor issues just because the wait is going to be long.

3. Pez555 macrumors 68020

Pez555

I have a feeling there will be more cosmetic issues than usual as I can imagine Apple will be trying to get every Phone manufactured out to stores...

4. Zune55 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Zune55

Ppl can also think that if they are paying so much then they should get the defect free device. But true long wait time will kill the need to replace it if there’s a minor defect.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 14, 2017 ---
    Yeah probably rushing to give iphones to store and all the customers. The stainless steel part i think is most vulnerable as was with AW0 SS. The watch was good out of box but using it even carefully i have many scratches on it. Front Glass has no scratches.

5. WhizGeezer macrumors newbie

WhizGeezer

I think there will be very few cosmetic issues with the X. Think about it... The limiting factor in the X is the 3D sensor. Everyone else is sitting around twiddling their thumbs waiting. They’ll be taking their sweet time assembling what they have.

6. noobinator macrumors 603

noobinator

I will just come on here and complain about it and keep it and then complain more about Apple.

7. Macalway macrumors 68030

Small cosmetic stuff no. I'm rather easy going in regards to this. I've found that over time I'll forget about things like this, the realization of, hastens the process :D

I just don't care. It's just a tool, albeit a very snazzy one :)

8. Goldfrapp macrumors 601

Goldfrapp

I'll keep my iPhone X even if it arrives broken in half

9. Aibocyrus macrumors 6502a

Aibocyrus

I used to work at an Apple store and the store I worked at kept stock in the back that was not for sale, but for devices that were DOA or damaged out of the box. Don’t know if they still do this, but I’m sure they will have some supply of exchange devices in case of DOA or damaged phones.

10. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

Hard core.

This reply is intended as humor. Thank you.

11. JPack macrumors 68040

JPack

Think about it... do you really believe Foxconn, the world's largest electronics manufacturer is that poor with their labor resource management? Foxconn didn't get to where they are by overallocating resources.

On the assembly line, workers wear caps with IR reflective patches so cameras can quickly identify who's missing.

12. JeffyTheQuik macrumors 68020

JeffyTheQuik

Cosmetic, yeah, I'll wait.
    Internal defect, no, I'll switch back to my iPhone 6+ until it comes in.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 16, 2017 ---
    Yeah... nothing will make the news faster than a DOA iPhone X 256GB that someone paid $1400 for, and there is no recourse.

13. Brookzy macrumors 601

Brookzy

Apple always has been and always will be prepared for this. DOA devices are replaced within 1-3 business days, or instantly if you bought from an Apple Store with DOA spare stock left.

14. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Actually, what Apple has doing more today than they had before in the past, is if you have an iPhone that is defective, they will immediately ship your device overnight that will be in your hands the following day. Primarily, many are not always within reaching distance of an Apple store and there's no guarantee of what Apple has in stock for defective units, because they don't verify that with the customer. It's still an efficient manner to send a phone out versus someone driving hours to reach a Store with uncertainty of actually receiving a new device.