Would you still buy the iPhone 4 if it was sold with bumper and had to used?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by livingonvideo13, Jul 18, 2010.

?

Would you still buy the iPhone 4 if it was sold with bumper and had to used?

1. Yes - I use a case/bumper anyway so it does not affect me.

44 vote(s)
    60.3%
  2. Yes - I would buy one but I really wish I did not have to have a bumper/case

13 vote(s)
    17.8%
  3. No - Having to have a bumper/case is a deal breaker. I would not get one.

16 vote(s)
    21.9%
  1. livingonvideo13 macrumors regular

livingonvideo13

The iphone 4 antenna is flawed. I will admit that. Having a case or bumper fixes it and will make the reception the same as a 3Gs or older iPhone.

So lets go back in time and say that Apple just releases the news about the new Iphone 4 again. Everything is the same but they say that every iPhone 4 will be shipped with a bumper. Apple recommends that you have the bumper on your iPhone 4 at all times and if you don't have the bumper on that you may lose calls in areas without good reception. The new iPhone was designed to work with the new bumper. If you choose not to use it, your phone calls may suffer.

Would you still buy it?

Lets not debate if they could have made a better design and what they did wrong with this version. Just flat out tell us if you would buy one knowing you would have to have a case or bumper installed on it for it to work.

2. aforty macrumors 65816

aforty

You don't have to use a bumper/case. There are millions of people out happily using their iPhone 4 without any problems and without a case.

3. Sinfire macrumors regular

I voted yes.... I have always kept my iPhones in a case of some sort mainly because I want to protect my $600 phone from being scratched or damaged if it was accidentally dropped.

4. lnferno macrumors 6502

You conveniently left out the option:

Mine works just fine without a bumper so there's no need to HAVE to use a bumper. :rolleyes:

5. kevink2 macrumors 65816

I've been planning on looking for cases anyway, after having issues with my 3G from not having one. I just hadn't done so yet after reading negative reviews for the bumper, then seeing speculation that Apple may provide free cases.

6. iSlanderous macrumors regular

the people who arent using bumpers probably live in good coverage areas.

7. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

I've always used a case and I live in a good reception area. Getting an additional case is a bonus for me.

8. bLiss macrumors member

bLiss

Would you still buy the iPhone 4 if it was sold with bumper and had to English?

9. harcosparky macrumors 68020

I would respond to the poll if it included one more option.

You see I would buy the iPhone 4, yesterday, today or tomorrow and I do not use a case.

There are many many more out there just like me, but somehow we get excluded from the polls that seem designed to elicit negative response.

:D

10. livingonvideo13 thread starter macrumors regular

livingonvideo13

After I posted the poll and the question I realized that I forgot the "be" and "a" so it should read "with a bumper and had to be used?"

Wished you could go back and change grammatical errors but you can't.

11. livingonvideo13 thread starter macrumors regular

livingonvideo13

Just a FYI that yours still has the problem. You are just lucky enough to live in a location that has a great signal.

This has been proven by many people here who can not reproduce the problem without a bumper on at one location but can produce it in another.

The poll was not designed to get a negative response. Just trying to get a figure of those who think that having a case/bumper is a deal breaker.

If your phone does not have a problem without a case, please vote if having a case on it would be a deal breaker and you would not get it.

I personally have a case and the reason why is it protects the phone and makes it so it does not slide all over the place.

12. rkuntze macrumors member

I always have kept my iPhone in a case. All the previous iPhones that I have sold the buyers ask me if I every used it because they look brand new. Every cell phone that I have owned I've kept in a case.
    :)My iphone 4 works just fine no problems at all.
    Still the same crappy coverage from AT&T which is not an Apple problem.

13. cocky jeremy macrumors 68040

cocky jeremy

I wouldn't use a case or bumper if you held a gun to my head, so no, i'd not use one. I'd just have bad service before i'd put a case on it.