Would you un-jailbreak your Iphone if they put MMS in 3.0

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by newportpaco, Mar 12, 2009.

1. newportpaco macrumors member

It would be interesting if they put MMS on the phone because this forum from what I have read is really not for it at all, as a matter of fact it has caused many arguments here. Would you un-jailbreak your phone if they added it, just for me I would for sure.

2. chaos86 macrumors 65816

chaos86

No. I use T-mobile. But to satisfy your study, yes, apart from t-mobile and SwirlyMMS, there is nothing else I jailbreak for.

3. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

What about waiting a few weeks for the 3.0 jailbreak?

4. Valkrin macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G 16GB Black: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

If I was still jailbroke, I definately would.

5. newportpaco thread starter macrumors member

I cant wait until they make it work,. I guess it goes to the reason why if they put it on there now, why didnt they do it earlier.

6. y0m0uth macrumors regular

i would still jailbreak... i def. still need things like video, landscape txting (because i txt way too much) and a couple of other necessities that come with jailbreaking

7. VladM macrumors regular

Would always jailbreak, it actually makes the iphone what it should have been in the first place.

8. ex8886 macrumors member

If they made a useful SMS app (so that it's up to 2002 SMS standards with a forward, delete ...options) to go along with the MMS one, Video recorder, and if I could use it on T-Mobile, then sure.

9. Nanook macrumors regular

Nanook

MMS is pretty low on the list of what I think it lacks, so they'd need to bring a lot more to the table to get me to back to stock.

10. ~Phi macrumors regular

I would definitely un-jailbreak if it meant I was able to receive MMS messages.

11. MistaBungle macrumors 6502a

MistaBungle

I really hope they expand the SMS app. Like it's missing so much functionality like was previously listed; delete, forward, custom text-tone.

Oh, and fix the lag.

I have zero interest in MMS. My girlfriend has a crappy 7-11 cell phone that can't do it and for everyone else there's e-mail. So I would not lock my device up again for 3.0, definitely waiting for the dev team's crop of pwnapples to grow.

12. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

I only jailbroke mine for Swirly (then I unjailbroke it because of the lag and Swirly was kind of crap - used to freeze up and crash alot and the interface is horrible) Official mms would probably stop me ever jailbreaking again.

13. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

I don't give a crap about MMS, so no, I would not jailbreak to get MMS in the first place. Not only that, but SwirlyMMS doesn't work with AT&T because AT&T blocks MMS on the iPhone account.

14. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Don't use MMS, so it will have no impact on whether or not I jailbreak/unjailbreak my phone.

15. davpel macrumors member

I have zero interest in MMS. Thus, its inclusion in 3.0 would have no impact whatsoever on my decision on jailbreaking.

16. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Quoted for the truth!

17. siorai macrumors 6502

I couldn't care less about MMS. Now if Apple decided to actually let us theme our phones to the extent that Winterboard does? Yeah, I'd un-jailbreak then since that's basically my main reason for doing it.

18. cwwilson macrumors 65816

cwwilson

No. I don't use MMS but I wouldn't have a problem with it being on my phone. I'm more into the **other** stuff like landscape texting, video cam, themes, folders, C&P and the suchlike.

19. 7on macrumors 601

7on

You can run an Edge iPhone on T-Mobile Unjailbroken. Mine is, and unlocked. Just rerun the app to jailbreak after unlocking with only the Activate checkbox checked.

20. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Haha, that's STILL jailbreaking. To get your iPhone unlocked and un-jailbroken you must do the following:

Jailbreak and unlock iPhone firmware 2.2.
    Then check for updates in iTunes and update to 2.2.1

This will overwrite the jailbreak, but leave your phone happily unlocked.

21. d wade macrumors 65816

d wade

i would love MMS, however I wouldn't un-jailbreak for it. jailbreaking is wayyyyy too fun

22. WannaApple? macrumors 6502a

I dont use MMS either, so having it included would not make me go back to an un-jailbroken phone

23. Lexoticstylez02 macrumors 6502a

Lexoticstylez02

No it wouldn't. I believe the base-band was updated in 2.2.1.

to OP:
    I don't jailbreak in the first place, but it would be nice to have MMS.

24. Jmclark macrumors regular

If they put in MMS and a video camera app, then I won't jailbreak. If they just put in MMS, I'm still jailbreaking, because I can't live without a cell phone camcorder.

25. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

He said Edge phone. As far as I know, the baseband hasn't been updated fir quite some time on the first gen iPhone.