Would you warranty claim Apple Watch after soap water?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by souko, May 30, 2019.

1. souko, May 30, 2019
    Last edited: May 31, 2019

souko macrumors regular

Good day,
    would you warranty claim Apple Watch after being many times in soap water? Microphone stopped working but I did not know that Apple does not reccomend putting AW into soap water... Have found it after microphone stopped working. Is it immoral to complaint them?

EDIT: At Apple site is that you should not put them into soapy water. I did not find there that it is not covered under warranty. I wrote an e-mail to Apple authorised service center. Will write their answer here later.

EDIT2: So the answer is: If was water resistance violated by beeing in soapy water then it is not covered under warranty. But bring it to us for diagnostic. We will assess whether it is covered under warranty.

2. MisterSavage macrumors 6502a

MisterSavage

No. They instruct you to avoid soapy water and lotions.

3. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Is the watch under warranty?

If it is and you used soapy water and do not admit it, then that is immoral.

4. souko thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, they are under warranty. The other thing is that at Apple site is written that after soap water you should take them into clear water... I did that...
    I will not complaint them...

5. bbednarz macrumors 6502a

bbednarz

Do you have AppleCare+? If so there is nothing wrong with bringing it in to get it swapped out. I mean even if it is out of warranty I don't see anything wrong with bringing it in to see what they say. Whether or not you mention the soapy water isn't going to matter.

6. souko, May 30, 2019
    Last edited: May 30, 2019

souko thread starter macrumors regular

I do not have Applecare+

They write you (or I) should avoid putting them into soap water... But I can not find they write the warranty does not cover putting them into the soap water

Hope it is understendable in english (Sorry I am not good at english).

7. jbachandouris macrumors 601

jbachandouris

No soapy water? News to me. I clean mine with soapy water and never had a problem. Bring it in and see what they say. The worst you'll hear is 'no.'

8. souko, May 30, 2019
    Last edited: May 30, 2019

I wrote e-mail with question if is covered under warranty damage by soap to AW to service of Apple authorised service provider. (Do not live near Apple store). I will write here their answer.

9. MisterSavage macrumors 6502a

MisterSavage

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205000

10. souko, May 30, 2019
    Last edited: May 31, 2019

So the service answered only: “Bring us your device for diagnostic”. I wrote to another service too. So will write there their answer too.

Edit: So the answer is: If was water resistance violated by beeing in soapy water then it is not covered under warranty. But bring it to us for diagnostic. We will assess whether it is covered under warranty.

11. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Apple could never give you a definite answer over an email. That’s why they want to see the watch in person to actually make an evaluation, which they actually would send your watch out to a repair depot, as they don’t conduct repairs in store either. Chances are your watch would _not_ be covered if they see any type of malfeasance.