Wow, Bloomberg "iPhone, massive fail"

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wayneholbrook, Sep 30, 2012.

1. nfl46 macrumors 603

His explanation was a massive fail. I wonder which GB iPhone he had. I hope it was 64GB. If anything, iOS is VERY easy to use. That's one thing about this world, "Everyone has an opinion."

2. Btrthnezr3 macrumors 6502a

Btrthnezr3

"On a mac...Once you get past a certain number of photos on and a certain number of songs, it just falls apart and everyone knows that."

Ummmmm... what!??!?

3. NoOneHitsHarder macrumors member

Won't even bother giving this attention whore of a "writer" the page click he lusts for...

4. Surf Monkey macrumors 68020

Surf Monkey

I have over 30k songs and 20k photos. Nothing has "fallen apart" yet.

5. twowinns macrumors member

Interesting.

I've not experienced the same problems, but I'm for anyone who wants to bring problems to light. Maybe Apple will respond to criticism and get things fixed. That's why I want their competitors to try to make better products to beat the iPhone - it will force Apple to improve to beat them.

I like Apple's products and have used them exclusively for the past 10 years (and the iPhone since its inception), but I'm not willing to stay with them forever if they get complacent. However, I haven't seen anyone else, yet, that has anything better.

6. Italianblend macrumors 68000

Italianblend

For the open minded - he has some valid points, although I wouldn't call the software difficult to use. Perhaps it doesn't work all the time, but it certainly is pretty easy.

Apple's getting bigger and is starting to experience the problems that come with a big company. Putting out beta software and acting like it's spectacular, and then giving us the same boring ios for years now, with no customization.

7. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

It's like someone spiked my drink before I watched that video. :confused:

8. KeepCalmPeople macrumors 65816

KeepCalmPeople

I think he's exaggerating a little, but every point he makes is valid IMO. Apple has to make better software to run on it's world class hardware. Surely we can all agree that iTunes needs a major overhaul if nothing else.

And Apple's insistence that everything is so intuitive that users don't need any education is BS. Apple needs better online help.

9. JodyK macrumors 6502a

JodyK

22k plus photos here ... All taken with a very high resolution DSLR ... Huge library in iPhoto ... Larger than most SSD drives.

My Mac hasn't came apart yet.

10. nippyjun macrumors 65816

I bet he still uses all apple products despite how bad they are

11. madKIR macrumors 6502

I just wasted 5 mins of my life watching this absolutely irrelevant video. It feels like a very very very old man, who has never used any of the modern gadgets, is complaining about some trivial things. B.O.R.I.N.G.

12. Randyrat macrumors member

I understand that it isn't as "easy" as Apple says it is, but quite frankly, it's not "hard".
    He seems to be going on about trivial things, as far as Macs falling apart, that's about where he lost any credibility for me.

13. darster Suspended

Yea, when I need business news I go to Bloomberg's for all my investing needs. :rolleyes: They were on top of it all in 2008. :rolleyes: This article pretty much proves the point that only smart people should own a smartphone. The rest should just get androids.

14. Kissaragi macrumors 68020

How do i get paid to make stuff like this? I can make stuff up and whine about it just as well as him!

15. Macinva macrumors 6502

Macinva

I think this guy likes to hear himself talk. I don't find anything he said to be accurate. I'm not an "Apple whore" per se, but I like what works and for me, Apple stuff works. I never even heard of this guy prior to this video.

The other thing I realized, every time I go to anything Bloomberg related, I'm left unsatisfied and questioning why I return. :)

16. matttye macrumors 601

"You have to tap the clock to get the search feature in contacts"

No you don't. That idiot should NOT be getting interviewed on a website like this, where people will actually believe what he's saying.

The search feature is just hidden out of view of the scrollable list, and you can drag the list down to find it. Tapping the clock is a shortcut to make lists scroll to the top. I've known that since the first iPhone came out!

17. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

I listen to anyone with a valid argument. But this dude is just a total jrk offf.

18. cdmoore74 macrumors 68020

LOL!!! The Apple fanboy (he said it) going against Apple. I actually feel sorry that Apple no longer has Steve Jobs. Did anyone think Tim Cook would be a better Steve?
    Tim Cook should have never come out and critized maps and offer third party alternatives this past Friday. It's a sign of weakness and uncertainty. If I was running a burger joint and someone critized my food I'm not going to tell my customers to go to McDonalds and Burger King. I'm going to kick my cook in the butt and tell him what I want or find someone else that can fix the problem. Apple has no excuse not to do this with all the money they have.

19. CyBeRino macrumors 6502a

Actually, I just checked and at least in iOS 6, the search field is always visible.

20. matttye macrumors 601

Do you have an iPhone 5?

I've noticed subtle design changes that I think are probably made because it has a slightly taller screen.

Another change is that the seek bar and shuffle/repeat/genius options are always visible in the music player, whereas you could hide them in older versions.

You can still see the hidden search bar if you go into music and then select the "songs" tab :)

21. BentwoodBlue macrumors member

It was an amusing article to read, nearly void of fact. Typical reporting sadly.

22. tl01 macrumors 65816

Never been a problem on any of my phones! I have filled them all the way up with photos and without the "other". This guy it nuts! A prima Donna... And who didn't know that search function??

----------

I totally disagree.. The phone does not fall
    Apart bc of videos and photos. The search function is easy to find and I bet most geniuses know it is there. How can he be an expert if he didn't know about it. He called the phone a massive fail based upon nonsense.

23. Drewb7787 macrumors newbie

I will agree that my new iPhone 5 has been downloading pictures to my photostream since I've had it. Same thing as what the Bloomberg reporter said. I'm going to the Apple store next day off to try and find out the problem.

24. Joesmith13245 macrumors regular

He has a point about the "Other" category issue. Of the 5 iPhones we have in our family 2 of the 5 experienced this issue. It got to the point where I deleted all content, Pictures, Text Messages, Music, Videos, memos and still have an other category over 12GB. I've tried all of the tips and tricks found on the web without success. I finally had to restore the phones to factory and start over.

Does anyone know if this issue has been resolved in IOS6?