hey just realised something!!

press f10, right...

then press... TAB!

WOW!

Hob

dotnina

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2004
Wow ... and I thought I'd seen all the Expose tricks already!

That's kinda cool!

hob

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 4, 2003
London, UK
dotnina said:
Wow ... and I thought I'd seen all the Expose tricks already!

That's kinda cool!
I know!! now I can use expose completely without my mouse - something I'd not really explored before - try using cursor keys and enter... you can browse round real fast!

Shame they don't publicise these things (unless I just missed em)

Hob

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
What is this "trick" with expose you speak of? I can't try it out right now because I'm on a PC right now :mad: :rolleyes: And I don't wanna wait till I get home! :D :p

johnnyjibbs

macrumors 68030
Sep 18, 2003
London, UK
tech4all said:
What is this "trick" with expose you speak of? I can't try it out right now because I'm on a PC right now :mad: :rolleyes: And I don't wanna wait till I get home! :D :p
Just activate "windows of current app" expose by hitting F10 and then click the tab key to alternate between all your current apps while still in F10 expose mode.

So if you have 1 Safari window and 2 iChat windows open, for example, you'll F10 while on iChat and get the two exposed windows, then press tab for it to jump to the Safari window being exposed. You get a neat little zoom effect when the app only has one open window too.

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
johnnyjibbs said:
Just activate "windows of current app" expose by hitting F10 and then click the tab key to alternate between all your current apps while still in F10 expose mode.

So if you have 1 Safari window and 2 iChat windows open, for example, you'll F10 while on iChat and get the two exposed windows, then press tab for it to jump to the Safari window being exposed. You get a neat little zoom effect when the app only has one open window too.
Thanks! Can't wait to get home and try it out! :D

logicat2001

macrumors regular
Apr 16, 2003
Minneapolis, MN
This will work whenever you're looking at either "All Windows" or "Application's Windows" via Exposé.

You can also just hit the back-tick/tilde key to view each single application's windows, in turn.

Best,
Logicat

fradac

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2003
Atlanta, GA
i wonder if you guys know this,

if you hold shift down when you hit the expose Keys everything goes in slow motion

i wonder if it would happen even with TAB(after F10) hmm... going to go try that

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
fradac said:
if you hold shift down when you hit the expose Keys everything goes in slow motion

i wonder if it would happen even with TAB(after F10) hmm... going to go try that
I actually just found that out yesturday! :D

hob

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 4, 2003
London, UK
krhodus said:
The shift trick does work when hitting tab. It does this trick in slow motion.

Kevin
I was trying to get it to work earlier - but I guess I was being stupid, cos I got it to do it now... unless stuff only starts to work if you write it on a forum...

What's that? If you press cmd+shift+eject you get an ipod coming out of your cd drive? You're joking, right? :eek:

DJY

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2003
Canberra AUST
slooksterPSV said:
Doesn't F9 hide all windows? *wishes he had Panther*
Nope that is F11!

This is a cool little trick - that I had forgotten about!
And yeah I use F9 alot more then F10!

Hemingray

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2002
Ha ha haaa!
krhodus said:
The shift trick does work when hitting tab. It does this trick in slow motion.

Kevin
Holding down shift while hitting F9, F10, or F11 does the exposé tricks in slo-mo.

But if you hit shift while hitting tab, it cycles backwards through the windows by order of apps (just like command+shift+tab).

Either way, I didn't know about using tab with F9 or F10. Very cool! :cool: