Wow Gizmodo is Really Giving it to Apple - Petition for Free Bumpers!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jw nyc, Jun 28, 2010.

1. jw nyc macrumors 6502a

Anyone see this yet? I know there has been other petitions on this site but it's becoming more and more clear than Gizmodo has an agenda against Apple.

http://gizmodo.com/5573177/

2. stlredbird macrumors 6502

stlredbird

At least their slogan isn't "Fair and Balanced"

3. jw nyc thread starter macrumors 6502a

Haha

And another of their posts from earlier today...

"Remember, You Can Always Return Your New iPhone"

http://gizmodo.com/5573177/

4. darkhunter139 macrumors regular

Gizmodo is a joke, they always have been. Never read their blog before and wont start reading it after the press they have recently been getting.

5. M1Lance macrumors newbie

Yeah it's pretty obvious at this point. Obviously they are still bitter over the stolen iphone lawsuit, and I don't blame them, but this is just getting ridiculous.

The EVO launched with several hardware issues, a problem with the screen that caused the glass to separate from the phone, but there was probably only a post or two dedicated to it. Meanwhile if one person's iphone 4 so much as loses a bar of signal strength they seem to dedicate a whole feature to it.

Also they are claiming that one of the chief problems with the phone is that the screen will crack if you drop it too much. Give me a break.

I've had the phone since Thurs and haven't had one dropped call, yellow spot, or scratch on the screen even after dropping twice.

6. jw nyc thread starter macrumors 6502a

This isn't true. Gizmodo is actually a very well written blog with great writers. It's probably my 2nd favorite technology blog on the Internet. That being said, I do agree that since the whole iPhone 4 scandal, they've been very biased against Apple.

7. fuzion macrumors 6502

8. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Oh yeah, they sure are sticking it to Apple! :rolleyes: Please, online petitions, whether from a dumbass site like Gizmodo or not are pointless.

9. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

I already got my free bumper, and Gizmodo sucks.

10. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

...And if Gizmodo's editors have any ounce of intelligence, they would KNOW this.

In fact, I'm pretty sure they totally realize that the petition itself is meaningless. Nonetheless, this does give them publicity, which means more clicks to their site, which is exactly what they're in this business for. Gizmodo has (accidentally or not) fallen into a niche of being the bad boy that sticks it to Apple at every turn. Apple haters love a good bash-fest. And if Giz can attract that market, you bet they'll use any little gimmick they can to make sure they do.

(And they'll do this at the same time that they readily hang onto their iPhone 4's, of course.)

11. joefro macrumors member

I love this comment I found on the Gizmodo article:
    "I really think this will work, considering how much Apple loves Giz."

12. jw nyc thread starter macrumors 6502a

13. jmpage2 macrumors 68030

jmpage2

Jason Chen banned me from commenting at Gizmodo after I teased them over a ridiculous post complaining of a Fedex guy delivering a package. From their tagline they made it sound like the guy spiked the damn box or chucked it at the house.

What did the delivery guy actually do? He gently tossed the box onto the front porch from a couple of feet away.

Gizmodo can suck it. I stick to other sites for tech news now.

14. darkhunter139 macrumors regular

I guess saying they were a joke was going a little overboard but I never liked reading the blog.

15. stlredbird macrumors 6502

stlredbird

haha:D

16. LimeyBastard macrumors regular

"It's nearly impossible to tell which side is the front."

That's as far as I got. I'm sure he's usually brilliant though.

17. AshStorm macrumors member

I'm not a blind Apple fanatic nor am I an instigator for the sake of going against the grain but the Haterade Gizmodo is serving up is pretty pathetic.

Can't live with the consequences of your own actions, Gawker crew? Then don't do it and stop whining.

18. ChazUK macrumors 603

ChazUK

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-gb; Dell Streak Build/Donut) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

The worrying thing is, he had one before all of the other reviewers! :D

19. AshStorm macrumors member

It used to be one of my favorite's too! I used to visit a lot of their blog sites on a very regular basis. Now I just can't stand their whining and avoid them like the plague.

20. tuatha macrumors regular

Did you guys all miss the part where they spent four months chasing apple down over the faulty iMac screens?

That was months before the iPhone protoype issue.

This is bigger and from early reports seems to be affecting far more people, so it makes sense for it to get more attention.

They may very well be pissed off with Apple about the prototype issue, but this isn't evidence of it. It's pretty much in keeping with Gizmodo's recent history.

Personally I think it's good for them to be drawing attention to this (regardless of their motives) and I'm sure there are an awful lot of disgruntled iPhone users right now who would agree.

21. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

Hey, don't knock online petitions! Don't you remember that big election that was swayed by an online petition? Oh wait, there wasn't one.

But don't you remember that local grocery store that was saved by an online petition? Oh wait, it wasn't saved.

Oh yeah, now I remember....online petitions are ***** useless.

The day a blog that tries to think of itself as "professional" resorts to using online petitions is the day said blog has officially jumped the shark.

22. tmac12 macrumors newbie

That was a very well written review. When he said its hard to tell the front from the back he is talking about by feeling. With the back no longer rounded and glass being on both sides slipping the phone out of your pocket and distinguishing the front from the back without looking is harder than before.

23. Bob70011 macrumors newbie

Bob70011

24. aristobrat macrumors G5

Wow, nobody at Gizmodo would put their real name on the "free bumper" article? Really? :eek:

25. Richy23 macrumors 6502

Made me smile! :D