Wow Great JOB FOX news "Sarcasm"

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by macfan881, Oct 22, 2008.

1. macfan881 macrumors 68020

http://www.foxnews.com/video2/video...alPlaylistId=&sRevUrl=http://www.foxnews.com/

i Couldnt help but laugh through that whole video and the fact that

Then this gets even better Greta what ever her name is baiscly says how dare cnn gets this wrong and says they should be shot and hanged
    http://gretawire.foxnews.com/2008/10/22/the-arrogance/

whyat gets me at this is Fox of all people has the audacity to call cnn out on this i mean CNN has been the most neutrual place to get news from both camps and get a "True Fair and balance" View on things i really would think i can win a cause for Fox using there Fair and balance slogan this just erks me.

2. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Honestly does anyone expect anything less from them?

It amazes me how they can find so many beautiful young women for anchors, that are complete idiots.

3. Aea macrumors 6502a

Aea

Whoa, I think you need to calm down and take a breather here.

FOX News is trying to point out an "out of context quote" while it was completely in-context. I don't think anybody really watches FOX News to get an objective viewpoint, but rather reinforce re-existing world view conceptions. I wouldn't be too worried.

4. Agathon macrumors 6502a

Agathon

Fox News needs to be shut down under the trades description act or some similar law.

Using it as your news source basically guarantees that you're a dolt.

5. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

That's what I got out of too. Based on what's presented in this video, what exactly was wrong with the way CNN quoted Byron York?

BTW, speaking of incompetent, the anchor is reading the quote as "incompetent", but the on-air graphic says "competent". But hey, they were only two letters off.

6. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

It appears that the quote was spun by CNN to make it sound like the National Review said Palin was "stupid, incompetent, etc." when actually they seemed to be posing a question about whether the media was conspiring to make her appear as such.

Not a great moment in journalism, all the way round.

7. JLatte macrumors 6502

Actually not that I'm vouching for Fox, but on CNN's part the quote that he read her was a snippet of a quote that when read only as that snippet sounds as though the National Review believes Palin to be "stupid, incompetent, etc." In reality if he read the entire quote, it would sound more as if the National Review was almost sympathetic towards Palin than not. As Reilly mentioned above me, read in that context just puts a spin on the actual quote.

I'm definitely not saying her other actions hasn't made her appear this way, but if we're getting technical then it really was taken out of context.