Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

godkorg

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 12, 2007
Hey Guys,

**EDIT** I didn't know you could stream them out of the box if they were over 10MB, see below reply, I tried that and it works, and I'm very pleased about that! :)

I tried the over the air podcast thing and was bummed to see I couldnt get diggnation over the air, or even TWIT as they were over 10mb.

I noticed, if you queue up a movie thats over 10mb it gets put in waiting (until you hit a wifi I guess)...

If you go cancel it by swiping across and hitting the delete button, then go back to the podcast listing, that podcast you just cancelled is actually grayed out (like you already got it) you can click on it and it'll stream...

Weird eh?

So to recap:

1. Pick the latest diggnation episode, it goes to queue, you get error that it'll wait till you get on wifi
2. Swipe across it and delete it
3. Go back to the podcasts tab, that one is now grayed out
4. Click it, it'll stream....

Also I just noticed, if you go out of the itunes store and back in, that same podcast is no longer grayed out, and you have to repeat the above steps to stream it again :)

Does this work for anyone else?

I tried a few others, it works for diggnation and twit, but it didn't for some other podcasts

SheepNutz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2007
Kantuckee
Actually, you can stream any size podcast, you just can't DOWNLOAD the larger ones over the cell network. To stream, just click the title of the podcast (anywhere to the left of the download button). You don't have to go through all of your steps, just click the title.

godkorg

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 12, 2007
Oh!!! :)

Then I'm an idiot, disregard :) hahaha

Thanks for the heads up!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.