WOW, I had no idea what a proximity sensor was...I knew something wasnt right!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by maf2k8, Jul 2, 2010.

1. maf2k8 macrumors 6502

Ever since i have been using my IP4 ( both of them as i had to replace one due to sim card issues )

On both IP4s i will be talking to someone and 75% of the time the speaker phone would kick on, I would hand up, put them on hold or something!!!

I never ONCE had this issues with my 3Gs, so i looked it up and comes to find out its the proximity sensor causing all these problems! and that its the #1 complaint with the IP4!

I have to hold the phone so odd so that my cheek/face doesnt touch the screen. I swear about 75% of my calls each day get disconnected or put on speaker phone because of this...

Is there a fix coming? or is this a hardware issue?

Jesus Apple, Did you bother testing this phone out first before you released it? With all these problems i really doubt it!

I know a LOT of people are having reception issues, I do at times but not really enough to have it bother me...but this proximity sensor is really driving me nuts!

2. pullfocus macrumors 65816

pullfocus

It would seem that quite a few people are having issues. But as far as I know, a fix hasn't been address yet.

Which is odd. Three versions, no sensor problems, then on the fourth one, suddenly there are issues.

3. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac

4. ZacUSNYR macrumors regular

I have some weirdness with the proximity sensor on my 4 as well. It seems responsive if you make a call and just hover a finger over it the screen turns off but it seems when it's up to your face it just doesn't keep the display off.

I muted a call today with my fat cheek :(

5. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

How bout you take it to Apple and get it replaced instead of whining here? I hate to become one of those guys...but it's getting ridiculous.

6. maf2k8 thread starter macrumors 6502

Get it replaced for what??? There is no fix.....Getting a replacement is pointless. Doing a restore is also pointless.....

I am not "whining" about the problem. I personally NEVER even knew what a
    proximity sensor was simply because i never had a issue with any generation iphone until now. Now with the IP4, at times i say to myself...Why did my call just go on speakerphone? Why did it mute? how the hell did i hang up? and just reading some posts out here i realized what it was....

Apple really should step-up to the plate or else those fat checks there cashing on the IP4 they sold.....are all going to be returned.....and they will be out of A LOT of money...and there flagship will be nothing but a POS that has brought the Apple name to its death.......

How many iPhones sold???? and how many people are having issues???

I know every new product has bugs to be worked out here and there but with these 2-3 things poping up ALL over ( SIM card issues, Reception and Sensor not working correctly ) its insane...

7. Possédé macrumors member

I have the same issue. Been putting people on hold and trying to make facetime calls. What a shame, nothing but issues with this phone. :(