Wow. iOS6. Dinner, Movies and Sports...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Krazy Bill, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

I'd still like to do something useful with it like dictate an email in a car without screaming at my bluetooth mic. Then, waiting forever for some distant server to figure out what I just said because I'm driving in rural-ass America.

Also, after I've lost my train of thought while waiting, I'd like to "fix" that word in the middle of the sentence that got totally screwed up.

Siri still sucks.

2. MonstaMash macrumors regular

MonstaMash

Why is it Apple's fault that you have terrible cellular coverage?

3. BaldiMac macrumors 604

BaldiMac

Because they chose to design Siri to rely on cellular coverage that may be terrible at times?

4. R1PPER macrumors 6502

You cant really blame Siri for not working in the car...it relies on your in car stereo Mic which is usually behind the face plate.

5. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

I use Siri a few times a week, but I don't think that's going to increase if/when I update to iOS 6.

Apple has this way of selling people the same sandwich twice.

6. Krazy Bill thread starter macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

My mic is right in my face.

It's not the bluetooth mic. It's the need to upload every single word using cellular data (if no wi-fi present). Then waiting for that text to return. But even this I understand to a point... let Apple's server-side software process my speech. OK. now allow that same server to give me voice commands to edit my verbal document. (And put this technology in Mountain Lion while you're at it.)

Just saying I would have expected more from iO6 than this movies, sports and dinner reservation crap. Looks like Android catchup to me.

Disappointed.