WOW! I've been quite the idiot for the last three years! Can anyone help me fix this?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mattcube64, Oct 21, 2011.

1. mattcube64 macrumors 65816

mattcube64

Shake my head... :(

So, at one point I just had a username for my AppleID. I managed to keep it up for sometime, and I flipped over to MobileMe sometime soon after the original iPhone's release.

This entire time, I just thought that, because of my long name, the entire email address couldn't fit in the dialogue box when a prompt popped up. Every prompt has always shown up as: FirstNameLastName@me.co ... missing the final "M" on .com. I'd put in my password, and voila.

Well, over the last couple days, I've dropped quite a bit of $$$ on apps for my new and shiny 4S. And I just noticed that the AppleID I put in, FirstNameLastName@me.com ... *IS* showing the final "M."

And then it hit me! A long time ago, I must have accidentally typed in my email address without that final "m" and it accepted it; because tonight I realized both are separate accounts. :eek:

Sure enough, they have different emails, information, etc.

I've never messed with this before. Will this effect my old apps on my new phone? Can I keep apps & music from both Apple IDs on this phone? Will that give me problems with iCloud? Will Apple merge the two for me?

Thanks!

2. Bernard SG macrumors 65816

Bernard SG

Apple is still "studying" the possibility of merging accounts.
    But you should be fine, distinct iTunes v. iCloud accounts should not be a problem.

3. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

It Will Work

But I'd phone Apple and change things.....Otherwise you might end up in the wilderness . Phoning Aple is the only way, and they will ask a lot of questions, but its worth it.