Wow! No place is safe from 45 to turn into a rally!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by JayMysterio, Jul 24, 2017.

1. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

A boy scouts jamboree? o_O Really?!

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-boyscouts-idUSKBN1AA04N?il=0

2. darksithpro macrumors regular

The polls say he's not very popular, just like they predicted Trump had no chance at winning the election, yet when he goes places, tens of thousands attend and cheer him on. Hillary could only dream of enthusiastic crowds that size.

3. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Tens of thousands out of 300 million is not good odds.

4. nia820 macrumors 68000

nia820

Polls before the election showed Trump and Clinton deadlocked or either there were 2-4 point difference between them. Stop spreading that fake information.

You also have to take into consideration, many of the people taking the polls, do not go and vote.

And technically majority of voters did vote for Clinton.

5. RootBeerMan macrumors 6502

RootBeerMan

Guess this no longer means anything to today's scouts.

Booing a former Scout who was president is shameful.

6. localoid macrumors 68020

localoid

My favorite promise made by Trump during today's campaign rally, err, I mean his speech made at the Boy Scout jamboree:

"Under the Trump administration, you will be saying 'Merry Christmas' again."

The Boy Scouts' preserve where this took place is literally next door to me, btw. There were numerous protests lined up along Trump's route to the camp today, but local news media ignored them as far as I can tell, and what limited amount of press was allowed into the event were ferried in and out of the event and not being allow much freedom of movement.

7. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I imagine that is also how he treated his wives.

8. darksithpro macrumors regular

Those 3 you highlighted are definitely not the traits of certain members that post their anti-trump threads. Name calling the president and stopping just short of calling members names, while questioning their intelligence and sanity seems to be the norm, and really shines a light on the poor behavior here.

9. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

So it's ok for Trump to do it but not when people question him or his followers?

Trump and the people that voted for him need to be held accountable for their mistakes.

10. Gutwrench, Jul 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2017

Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

Wait a moment. If the hysterical Left doesn't like Trump talking like that and criticize him for it, then it's pretty hard to take them seriously when they do it and justify by pointing their finger. I don't think they're much different than Trump except Trump is less hypocritical about it.

11. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Trump is unhinged and unstable. The president of the united states is supposed to be able to handle criticism when he ****s up. The more he whines on twitter about "fake news" the less people take him seriously. The man child is on twitter right now throwing a tantrum over the Washington Post.

12. darksithpro macrumors regular

That's a pretty extreme statement dude. What do you mean by being held accountable? Should "we" be punished, flogged, or something worse? Some type of collective treatment, because we didn't vote the way you wanted us to? This statement sounds like something Senator McCarthy would say.

13. Michael Goff macrumors G4

Michael Goff

No punishment, just judgment.

14. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

You can't elect a maniac to become president and then complain when the majority is pissed off at your ignorance. Look at his AG, the man wants to imprison half the country. The whole administration is a huge dumpster fire and everyone predicted it would happen if Trump won. Guess what the prophecies are coming true. When this country is nothing but a flaming pile of **** you have nobody to blame but yourselves. Don't try to blame Hillary supporters or Democrats or Trump haters. Its on you.

15. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Now now, you know this is PRSI and one does not have to go far to find threads from back during the campaigns that are short on courtesy and long on nearly going-on-vacation material. And that were directed negatively at the Democrats, their candidates, their platform, their voters, and their supporters on PRSI. Probably left something out but my timer on negative focus is about to ring, so I must soon return to watching Back to the Future Part II.

As for the Boy Scouts... to me mixing boy scouts and politics is reminiscent of youth movements run by dictators. A very bad idea. Scouting for boys and for girls too, yes, wonderful movements, but using them as political backdrops, big faux pas.

16. darksithpro macrumors regular

Actually, most people I talk to take the MSM less seriously, because all they talk about is MUH Russia. People are interested in jobs and a stronger economy, not about Russian spies.

17. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

The main stream media is reporting the news. Tell Trump to keep his nose clean and they won't talk about it.

Maybe if Trump did something he would get more jobs. Seems a lot of them are still leaving the country.

18. darksithpro macrumors regular

There you go, calling me names. Didn't take long.

19. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Did I personally call you a name? Unless you speak for all Trump supporters.

20. sorcery macrumors regular

sorcery

HRC woulda been better? Could be in WW3 aftermath by now. We'll never know.

21. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

NK is still festering.

22. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Um... what? Trying to understand the flow on this topic but not getting your point; you are usually more articulate.
    --- Post Merged, Jul 24, 2017 ---
    And this. Where do you guys get this stuff.

23. sorcery macrumors regular

sorcery

Shouldn't lead to a world war. Hopefully. Although latest studies on small tactical nuke usage indicate the possibility of nuclear winter from a local war.

24. steve knight, Jul 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2017

steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

god I hope he does not tell them how to cheat customers rip off the government and not pay your taxes lie and grab females.

25. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Any war that Trump tweets about will escalate into a world war.