WoW Open Beta...When?

stevietheb

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 15, 2004
Houston
I thought I saw something about it starting on Nov 8th, but now I can't find that. Can someone tell me when the open beta is supposed to be available?

Thanks!

shortyjj

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2004
I don't see where on their site it says anything about the start date for the open beta...

QCassidy352

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
Ok, I don't know that much about this game, but I am a looong time blizzard fan, and I just watched the WoW trailer. WOW! I think I am going to have to give this game a shot, even though strategy games like War3 are usually more my preference...

DGFan

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2003
I just hope they do it in the evening. There's no way I can download the client and try to make an account early in the day. I'll be at class (and the wireless network here just can't handle the load)!!!

Trust them to release WoW at the worst possible time for me: 2 weeks before my first semester law school exams

GRRRRRRRRRRRR

Bluefusion

macrumors 6502
Apr 25, 2003
New York, NY
The site went down less than 2 minutes ago, and has come back... and it's here! (5:02 EST)

IT HAS BEGUN, gentlemen. Get yourselves a Fileplanet account (free) and join the party.

Quobobo

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2003
Argh. Does anyone else get to the image verification page, only to get the "invalid code" message? And they even try to blame that on my firewall or computer there...

"IMPORTANT NOTE:* The image above is created dynamically and served through a separate server.* If it does not appear, or if you only see the message "invalid code", your computer is blocking the image from appearing.* This problem may be caused by either a firewall or certain Ad-Blocking software.* Please adjust your security settings to allow this image to be displayed."

Bluefusion

macrumors 6502
Apr 25, 2003
New York, NY
I've gotten all the way to the verification page, but it always has an error at the end of that one... and hitting Back takes me all the way back to the signup, which then won't load for another 20-30 refreshes :p

Bluefusion

macrumors 6502
Apr 25, 2003
New York, NY
You didn't know that? I was in Stress Test; same size then, I believe.

How are you going to download it without broadband? I'd be happy to take your key off your hands, if you can't... ;)

So wait... all that refreshing took place over a 56k? Wow.

Jigglelicious

macrumors 6502
Apr 25, 2004
NYC
I got my key too. Now I just need to be able to reach the main WoW site so I can create an account.

Good thing I downloaded the client yesterday in a leisurely 4 hours. I can't imagine what the wait times on fileplanet must be for the client today!

DGFan

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2003
Nice of them to open it up before those of us who have a life and aren't in the Eastern time zone could actually make it home.

Lovely....

TDM21

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2004
Now I'm pissed. I saw the beta was open so I went through the whole process. I had to refresh about 10 times to even submit. After that I go to put my key in and I kept getting the error saying it could not be submitted. After an hour of trying, I did not have any success. Now the betais closed and I never got the chance to download it.