Wow, people have already made their minds up about the iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Radiating, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Radiating macrumors 65816

I'm really in shock that so many people have already made up their minds about the new iPhone. It hasn't even been announced at all whatsoever.

While it's 99% likely that the hardware we've seen will be the phone, I'm just shocked at how many people are dismissing the upgrade.

For all anyone knows, the phone could be packed with a fully sentient AI, and have cloud processing that lets you play Crysis 3 for PC on max settings while texting and includes a predictive interface that know what you want to do and does it before you even realize what you want using a bluetooth brainwave reader.

Judging things now is like deciding you want to read a book by looking at the form factor and binding and not even glancing at the pages.

2. Frankied22 macrumors 68000

Frankied22

I agree. I will wait until wednesday when I know for certain what the new iPhone offers.

3. daveishere macrumors 6502a

daveishere

My 4 is pretty much knackered, so i'd most likely be buying a 4S if I wasn't aware the 5 was coming out.

4. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Upgrade sure, people are skeptical about to what degree. I think folks are becoming more frustrated with apple spoon feeding the populous. I think people have gotten tired of watching them play catch up, but I guess that's expected.

5. superdudeo macrumors regular

Why not judge it if we're almost certain the leaks are correct?

A slightly longer 3 year old design is nothing to get excited about. I can't think of any surprise Apple will come up with that will get over that basic disappointment.

6. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

There is a lot that wasn't leaked. That's what I am excited to hear about. I really wanna know what the camera will be like. The phone will almost certainly have a feature the 4s does not. It's possible that goes for iOS 6 as well.

I think the leaks are ugly but if the phone has features I want then I'll buy it. It's that simple. Although I am going to wait for the unlocked version this time and skip the preorder.

7. Dolorian macrumors 65816

Dolorian

We have already seen the preview for iOS 6, people have been using it on beta for a while already. The system does not even suggest any radical change and the leaks of the hardware all point to it just being a taller and thinner 4S with a plastic back. Sure it will have the usual faster processor, better camera, more storage and ram, but really, considering Apple's track record are we really expecting anything grand at this point?

I'm not, but then again I've already made up my mind to get an Android. The iPhone/iOS is just not cutting it for me anymore.

8. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Absolutely, 12mm more of screen and LTE.

9. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

The leaks only show a (very) small part of the the total phone.

Processor type/ speed, RAM amount, camera types, and whatever extra hardware/ software it may have are still unknown.

...but then, there's likely no point in trying to argue with someone who thinks glass is the same as metal.

10. mtnDewFTW macrumors 6502a

Honestly, to me the leaks don't look as good as I would want them to. The iPhone is not always the first to jump on the newest technologies, however, when they get adapted, it's always done in a much better and more seamless way. However, this is the iPhone Apple needs to put them back on top of their game. It's a very important time for them, as many people wait for the announcement and decide whether or not they want to upgrade or go with something else. Apple needs to 'wow' more people now than ever. With Android and other platforms rapidly becoming more and more popular, Apple needs to do something completely different and radical to keep people happy in the same way they did with the iPhone 4. I am definitely excited to see the event on Wednesday and I will most likely upgrade from my current 4 to the newest iPhone when it is released. Whether or not I like the design of the new iPhone, I still prefer to use iOS over any other OS on the planet.

I'm just really hoping Apple pulls out something big and exciting. Something fresh and new that we haven't seen done right yet. After all, that's in their DNA to always give us better solutions to problems other companies are having a hard time tackling. And even though I know this won't happen, I can only pray that the iPhone 5 won't have a two-tone back. It's just so hard to get used to that. It still looks unfinished to me. Not very Apple-like. And by that I mean, Apple has always been the first to get rid of all the lines. All the unnecessary borders and buttons. They always make their devices look the cleanest out of all the others. That's why it's so hard to imagine why they would go in this direction with the two-tone back, the large speaker/mile grill and other things of that nature. It almost seems wrong for them to do that.

11. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

There's almost always an unannounced software features, that's what has got me excited still.

12. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

All I need is for the new iPhone to be compatible with the iPhone's AWS bands. If it has that than I'm sold.

13. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

Let's just say people are 99% sure of their opinions based on the 99% chance that we've already seen it. Does that make it better?

14. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

About all that's left is another gimmick like Suri.

15. gta50419 macrumors 6502

All that doesn't matter if the phone looks the same as the 4...
    But i seriously doubt what we're seeing is really the iphone 5 so i'll wait.

16. mpossoff macrumors 68020