Wow, People will just never be happy or satisfied. (App Store Reviews!!!)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Rob Mclovin, Feb 25, 2009.

1. Rob Mclovin macrumors 6502

Jesus, people with iphones will just never be satisfied with something, EVER! And i find App store reviewers the be the biggest dumba$$'s ever! The new AIM 2.0.1 update came out this morning that lets you stay logged in 24/7 even when you exit the app, and texts you when you get a new instant message, so i updated, and then checked what the reviews. And immediatley people are still bitchin about it. Started giving 1 stars because there was some ads on the app. They need to make money off of it somehow, they didnt just make this app for free. And now that AIM added alot of the features people wanted, and a somewhat push notifications now people need to start complaining about something, so now they say the app sucks cause it doesnt have chatrooms. You use chatrooms on AIM like twice a year! Even if they released that, then they'll just complain about something else! Ehh!

Rant Over!

2. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Definitely true.

How is the new AIM anyway? I've never really like it but the idea of an improvised push sounds good.

3. harry454 macrumors 6502

that is true, I dont use aim very much the odd time for video chat

4. eplchamps0304 macrumors 6502a

eplchamps0304

Isn't everyone entitled to their own opinions. Everyone will not be satisfied with evrything, it's just facts of life. As per the aol app I don't use it at all, but will agree with one of the complaints. It sends you a text that tells you you have a new IM, why not just make it send you the actual text. It's common sense.

5. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

6. Rob Mclovin thread starter macrumors 6502

In my opinion i thought it was a great. I used to it all the time before this update, and now im on it even more cause its really good. Id give this updated version like a 4.6/5. Im signed in 24/7 and i get a text whenever i get a new IM, and its great until push comes out(If it ever does...) And whats really annouying is the app store reviews that give 1 star because they say something like "This app sucks, theres no notifications, when i leave the app theres no notifications and it sucks. What are you thining AOL!?"

Hate those especially. :rolleyes:

7. Jess.H macrumors member

Jess.H

Does this really surprise you? Some people just have a penchant for complaining; seems to be human nature. [​IMG]

8. bamafever09 macrumors regular

bamafever09

Theres always gonna be people who are not satisfied. Just the way it happens :eek:

9. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

Yeah, I never got how people could complain about a free app. Jeez, if you don't like it, delete it and get on with your life.

I wonder if this says anything about the average iPhone user because there are some profoundly dumb reviews on the App Store. Most don't even have anything to do with the actual app.

10. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

I think it's good. My only complaint is that the SMS notification doesn't seem to work over here in the UK. I'm not one to complain, but I've been waiting a long time for AIM to have this feature!
    But anyway, it's a good app and mostly serves my needs. I'm curious to see what the new paid version will have different though.