WoW refer a friend for a free 10 days, you get a month free if they sign up!

chaos86

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 11, 2003
oh btw, does anyone have one of these referals I can use? I've been trying to justify joining but the S.O. won't let me. If it's free she can't complain (for the first 10 days at least).

Chris

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
From the OP's link...
said:
Got a mate who hasn't played WoW yet? Blizzard are in the process of giving out free 10 hour packs to new players (through their friends which already play WoW). If your mate signs up, you get a free month!
so it looks like 10 hours and NOT 10 days.

JUST KIDDING... I just went straight to the WoW website and this is what is posted:
said:
Check your inbox for the Recruit-A-Friend e-mail! - Sun on 10/21/05
We are in the process of sending out e-mails to every U.S. subscriber to World of Warcraft. Each of these e-mails contains one 10-Day Guest Pass Key you can use to recruit a friend into the game. If your friend then becomes a paying subscriber to World of Warcraft, then you will receive a FREE 30-Day Credit to your World of Warcraft account. So be sure to check your inbox over the next couple of days for your Recruit-A-Friend e-mail!
WoW site

AoWolf

macrumors 6502a
Nov 17, 2003
Daytona Beach
If any one here wants one of the free ten day trials PM me. Heck Ill even give you a few gold if you make an account off the trail code :)

chaos86

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 11, 2003
anybody know a way for me to get ISOs of the CDs or DVD for this game? I've been leeching for 5 days now and I'm only at about 30%. anybody know where I can find an activatable demo or just the ISO's to download or maybe someone could just host them on a large file server for me? fyi (for mods too) it's not illegal to distribute if the ISOs still require a key.

dubbz

macrumors 68020
Sep 3, 2003
Alta, Norway
chaos86 said:
anybody know a way for me to get ISOs of the CDs or DVD for this game. I've been leeching for 5 days now and I'm only at about 30%. anybody know where I can find an activatable demo or just the ISO's to download or maybe someone could just host them on a large file server for me?
If you can find the beta somewhere, you can use that. Maybe FilePlanet has it.

chaos86

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 11, 2003
AoWolf said:
If any one here wants one of the free ten day trials PM me. Heck Ill even give you a few gold if you make an account off the trail code :)
nope, couldn't find the beta anywhere on fileplanet or through google. i think they pulled it after the full version came out. anyone still have the beta? or anyone feel like being generous to me and ISO the install discs for me?

lfielder06

Dec 5, 2004
does anyone have a 10 day guest pass code I could use. I have never played a game like this, but want to get into one. I just don't want to shell out the $15 until I know it is good. Please PM me the code. Thanks

Elan0204

macrumors 65816
Apr 16, 2002
Chicago, IL
If you have a copy of the game to install, I'd be happy to give you my free trial code to test out the game. Hopefully you'll fall in love and I'll get some free time out of the deal too. :)

Send me a PM for the code, but please be sure you have access to the game CDs first.

ijimk

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2004
Here
I have a friend that wants to start playing. How do i get credit for recruiting him? I did not recieve the email. I can install on his cpu tho but i do want the free month ...:confused:

joerao

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2005
WoW Refer a Friend Trial Code needed

Hey all thanks for the info.

I plan on joining up today if anyone would like to share their 10-day code.

Send an email to joe@joerao.com.

Thanks

Joe

chaos86

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 11, 2003
SilentPanda said:
Says who? Far as I know it is still illegal.
this whole marketting scheme is based of people giving other people copies of the software. how can bliz expect people to get their friends hooking on WoW without copying the software?

anyway when you buy software you're buying a box a cd and a key. look at adobe and macromedia. you can download photoshop in it's entirety, fully functional software and adobe gives you a free 30 day key for it, but after that you need to buy a set of twenty something letters and numbers to activate it for $500. you pay for the right to use it, not the discs (or disk images).

signius

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2005
Does anyone still have it?

I wanna get into this game and i have the cd's with me so you'll get your 1 month free for sure. Plz help me:)

UPDATE: Thanks AoWolf for giving me your trial key i promise to activate it

macten

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2004
chaos86 said:
this whole marketting scheme is based of people giving other people copies of the software.
You still need to buy the key. You can't even utilise the key on a used game if it has been activated. Once the key is used, it belongs to that account and the account doesn't expire, even if you stop paying.

You can probably get around this if you have a friend who has stopped playing and you take over payment on his account.

I just researched this as I am heading out after work to purchase my own copy.

The way I see it I am happy to shell out money to a gaming company that has both the Mac version and Windows out at the same time and in the same box! :)

wrxguy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2005
Deepest Regions of Hell
I can't belive im doing this, but....im re-installing WoW...oh man....i said i wouldn't do this again, but here i go....anyone in a good clan that can refer a fellow MR member??

signius

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2005
What i did is i asked my friend to borrow his WoW software and installed in on my computer while using AoWolf's free trial key and im up and running playing the game:)
Does anyone know if those keys can also be used on European WoW software? I ask because im gonna create an additional account on a Euro server just wanted to know before i get another trial key.

signius

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2005
LOL now i have a free 10day cd key from buying the game, If anyone still needs one just pm me.

Seasought

macrumors 65816
Nov 3, 2005
It's a pity that EVE: Online isn't for Mac yet. I'm certain it would take a significant chunk of players away from WoW (personal opinion).

Ronin-Wolf

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2005
Does anybody please have one of those trial keys?

Please can somebody help me get one of those keys, I have the European version so have the CD's, but want to get onto the US servers to join my clan who have migrated over to Arthas from Deathwing for some reason. But I can't get the US version until I’ve sorted out everything for the holidays. So if anybody could please help me I would be very grateful :) .

BTW, would anybody who gave me a key be able to get the free month if I didn't make an account out of the trial straight away, because I do plan to make it into an account but it might not be for a few weeks after :(