Wow, that...sucks.


munkle

macrumors 68030
Aug 7, 2004
2,580
0
On a jet plane
I couldn't stop reading it...if it wasn't so crazy I would just dismiss it as a fake. That really is incredible. And shocking.
 

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
19,232
4
wow.......thats all i can think of to say, shocking, frightening, odd...and very weird
 

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
3,399
489
NorCal
Before I click that, that isn't some gross picture is it? What is it? After that other thread about bad pics, im a bit scared now :(
 

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
19,232
4
tech4all said:
Before I click that, that isn't some gross picture is it? What is it? After that other thread about bad pics, im a bit scared now :(
just a bizarre story, no pictures
 

asif786

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2004
1,027
0
London, UK.
This is ****ing disgusting. I'm wondering what stopped the guy frommoving in with someone else?

I'm sure if people knew he was in this dire situation, they would be more than willing to help.

oh dear.

/asif
 

mcadam

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2004
593
0
københavn
skunk said:
They both needed help.
Sort of have to agree on that... can't help thinking the guy writing the story is quite a jerk too, not completely crazy like Jed - just a jerk letting things go that far before reacting. And not giving a **** about the (poor) lunatic getting worse and worse next door, as long as he's fine himself!?

A
 

skunk

macrumors G4
Jun 29, 2002
11,745
3,995
Republic of Ukistan
mcadam said:
Sort of have to agree on that... can't help thinking the guy writing the story is quite a jerk too, not completely crazy like Jed - just a jerk letting things go that far before reacting. And not giving a **** about the (poor) lunatic getting worse and worse next door, as long as he's fine himself!?
I had a sweet Scotsman working for me for years as a painter - wouldn't hurt a fly, and wrote poetry, too - and he began to go similarly loopy. In the end, I had to get him "sectioned" under the Mental Health Act (i.e. involuntarily hospitalized) before things got out of hand. You can't just let it ride. Incidentally, it was diagnosed as "cannabis psychosis". He's OK now, but it could have got much, much worse.
 

AmigoMac

macrumors 68020
Aug 5, 2003
2,064
0
l'Allemagne
:D once I shared a room, the single problem was to have the man singing things from his religion 3 times a day, it took me less than a week to move, and then there was misunderstanding with the management of the place and they moved me with a girl named max, I couldn't believe my eyes but it was her last day there and in the city :eek: ...
 

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
14,874
57
skunk said:
I had a sweet Scotsman working for me for years as a painter - wouldn't hurt a fly, and wrote poetry, too - and he began to go similarly loopy. In the end, I had to get him "sectioned" under the Mental Health Act (i.e. involuntarily hospitalized) before things got out of hand. You can't just let it ride. Incidentally, it was diagnosed as "cannabis psychosis". He's OK now, but it could have got much, much worse.
What happened to the thread where everybody said it was harmless. :p

And you had somebody institutionalized for it's use. :D

---

Drugs do tend to make people live in conditions they never would under other cicumstances.

Though it's odd the people next door didn't complain either, since apartments hardly ever stop all noises and smells from going through the walls and floors.
 

Wyvernspirit

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2002
712
21
Massachusetts
If they are of college age, it would seem about the right time for him to show signs of schizophrenia. When his roomate started to act a little off he should have contacted someone, even the guys father if need be.
 

blackfox

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2003
1,208
4,026
PDX
That, ladies and gentlemen, is why I live alone.

Re: Cannibus psychosis.
It is well-known that Scots can't deal with the chronic...<ducks head>

Re: Schizophrenia.
Very good point mate. I was considering that it was a psychotic break of some sort.

Also, I am still curious what was under all the paper on the floor. It said it was "lumpy" IIRC, but never elaborated. The mind reels.
 

Raid

macrumors 68020
Feb 18, 2003
2,144
3,917
Toronto
Hmm I think I'll send this to my roommate... his therory is that all he has to do is be better than my previous roommates and he's fine. I think he should live with Martin Random even at his worst he'd bee 1000 times better than Jed. :eek:
 

skunk

macrumors G4
Jun 29, 2002
11,745
3,995
Republic of Ukistan
Sun Baked said:
What happened to the thread where everybody said it was harmless. :p

And you had somebody institutionalized for it's use. :D
Believe me, as a 35-year smoker myself, I thought long and hard about it. He was definitely schizophrenic. Some people just can't take it.
 

Thomas Veil

macrumors 68020
Feb 14, 2004
2,435
5,513
OBJECTIVE reality
I have to wonder if the whole story is a fake.

How the hell do you run a motorcycle indoors for 15 minutes a day, with the windows closed, and not begin to choke (if not actually die) from carbon monoxide poisoning?

If it's not a fake, then the roommate is a psycho, and this guy is a major wuss for putting up with it this long.
 

skunk

macrumors G4
Jun 29, 2002
11,745
3,995
Republic of Ukistan
Thomas Veil said:
I have to wonder if the whole story is a fake.

How the hell do you run a motorcycle indoors for 15 minutes a day, with the windows closed, and not begin to choke (if not actually die) from carbon monoxide poisoning?
I did wonder at that. He says it was only once, though. And it probably seemed like 15 minutes, even if it was only 2...

If it's not a fake, then the roommate is a psycho, and this guy is a major wuss for putting up with it this long.
No argument there. Both parties obviously have pretty serious issues.