Wow, there are going to be a plethora of refurb late 2008 MBPs

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by KSpider, Oct 28, 2008.

1. KSpider macrumors regular

With all of the returns/exchanges in the first 2 weeks of the new MBPs, there are going to be a flood of refurbs from apple...

2. Red-red macrumors 6502

There always is with the first off the production line.

3. TodVader macrumors 6502a

TodVader

Mine's gonna be in other hands soon. Stupid errors like the invisible wall in the superdrive are nonsense. With all the cheap dells I had to buy in my career, I'm LMAO at Apple.

When people laugh at DELL at macrumors, they should turn around and look at Apple. They are the WORST in quality % of their products.

In my experience (not opnion), they are even worse (way worse) than ACER (which sell 399$ notebooks that are close to 100% reliable out of the box)

I returned 2 iPod Touches (1 broken scree, 1 completely loose case) and 2 MBPs (1 with multiple dead pixels (stoped counting at 5 when I didn't even check the third of the screen) and 1 with the superdrive completely blocked by something halfway in).

I had to return my iBook 2 times (cracked out of the box (wtf) and dead battery on arrival (wtf)).

Apple quality SUCKS
    Price of Apple products SUCKS
    OS X rules! (Only reason I stick with with this EL-CHEAPO company and will never leave)

Since I live my life 99.9% legally (no-one's perfect), I avoid Hackintosh at all cost but the little devil on my shoulder wants me to buy a PC and drop OS X in it.

/rant of someone truly pissed at the only company to turn to if you want OS X.

4. firecrasher macrumors member

firecrasher

Do you think they'll be decent buys after refurb?

I can handle a semi-slanted key if it saves me > $200!

5. soms macrumors 6502

soms

It won't have any cosmetic issues, they are refurbs an will be repaired to proper specs.
    And yes, usually you can get good deals on them.

6. KSpider thread starter macrumors regular

Part of me thinks the refurbs will be more reliably "perfect" then new ones lol.

7. TodVader macrumors 6502a

TodVader

Yeah that's true.

I will return 25 MBPs if I have to before I get the perfect machine that I paid 2,300$ (including tax) for.

I will accept absolutly 0 defects (even MINOR ones).

The cheap ACERS at my job don't have any crooked keys or battery covers that pop out or .... ETC

8. joystik macrumors member

Agree'd I'm more nervous about buying a mbp right now than my previous acers and dells.

9. steamed.hams macrumors 6502

steamed.hams

Most refurbs are exceptional. I have a high end early '08 MBP that came in last wk, and it's perfect.

And I saved > $1000!

10. KSpider thread starter macrumors regular

im debating selling or returning my new 08 2.4 and getting a clearance previous version from apple until they update the new ones...

11. plan4 macrumors newbie

in theory, a refurb should have a better chance of being "perfect," as any minor (or major) problems that led to the return have been corrected.

that being said, the one time i purchased a refurb from apple (mbp), it arrived with an enormous dent in the case right by the latch button. needless to say, i sent it right back.

12. firecrasher macrumors member

firecrasher

Does it mean I'll miss out on the unboxing experience? (I hate to say I'm looking forward to it!)

13. KilljoyPBN macrumors regular

Ive had mine less than a week and I am already exchanging it. Other than the fingerprint behind the screen it was a fine machine.

14. bushbaby macrumors 6502

bushbaby

Perfect except for the faulty 8600 Nvidia gpu?

15. Airborneforest macrumors newbie

Sounds like there should be a good selection of refurb's coming. Any estimated guesses when they start showing up? I figure at least 2 months till we see some in the Apple Store.