WoW with Radeon X1600, 128GB SDRAM?

Discussion in 'Games' started by RustyGonzo, Feb 6, 2007.

1. RustyGonzo macrumors newbie

I'm planning on buying a MacBook Pro (for school, art, music, games, etc.), but I can't pick which version to get. I'm stuck between both 15-inch versions, and how well it will be able to play WoW is really the big decision maker here.

How much worse would the 128GB play than a MacBook Pro 256GB card? From max-ish graphics with 20-30 FPS, to low graphics? Would it be that different?

Knowing this would really help sway my decision for which MBP to get, so any input would be appreciated; guesses, solid info, links, whatever. :confused:

(Also, either way I'd get 2GB of RAM, in case that helps.)

:apple:

2. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Not sure about the 128mb but I do know my iMac C2D 2.33 with 256VRam runs WoW GREAT!!..All I need to do now is get past lvl 30..

3. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

I'm curious to know about this 128GB graphics card of yours… :p

You'll probably get better frame rates then that with either card. I can get 30 FPS on my MacBook with integrated graphics. ;)

4. risc macrumors 68030

risc

On my iMac Core 2 Duo 128MB VRAM with the Graphic Settings below I get 40+ FPS.

[​IMG]

Now to log back in and check with everything on low (all shaders turned off) for you...

60+ FPS (it peaked at over 90 for me).

These are all out door frame rates.

HTH

5. ijimk macrumors 6502a

ijimk

Yea when i play on my macbook pro i turn all the stuff way down because of lack of ram. I have a 1.8 ghz mac book pro with only 512 of ram. I am planning on adding more later but just don't have the cash now.

6. MRU Suspended

MRU

GB:eek:

7. ijimk macrumors 6502a

ijimk

8. bigsteve3 macrumors member

Well, from my experience, it plays fine. I have a C2D MacBook Pro with the 128MB video card and the stock 1GB RAM, and it runs smoothly on max settings in all areas except when flying via gryphon between areas. I don't actually know how to get the FPS via the console, but it was always fine and didn't jerk when moving or looking around.

Hope this helps...

9. MRU Suspended

MRU

The original posters question

GB :eek: if a 128 GB graphics card only gave me 25 fps I'd be p*ssed :D