WoW: Wrath of the Lich King Ship Date Announced

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Cyberjenks, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Cyberjenks macrumors newbie

November 13. Consumers will also have the option to purchase the standard version, or the special collector’s edition that includes a behind-the-scenes DVD, soundtrack CD, mouse pad, an exclusive in-game pet and more. Both versions will sell for $39.99 and $69.99, respectively.

Happy Gaming.:apple::apple::apple:

2. Cabbit macrumors 68020

Cabbit

Damb too soon i am only on the 4th boss in the black temple i wanted to down kill'jaden.

3. Afini macrumors member

4. angelneo macrumors 68000

Can't seem to find the collector edition on amazon, anyone has any link for that?

5. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

13th in the US. WoW is a game that you play with your friends in a group, so I don't understand the logic behind the staggered international release. Thankfully it's only a day behind in my country but some others aren't as lucky.

6. merc669 macrumors 6502

merc669

On the WOW Site it says Australia on the 14th. I assume that means anybody on that side of the dateline, not just Australia? But looking forward to the new release!

Bill.....:apple:

7. Randman macrumors 65816

Randman

It's a day later on non-US servers unlike TBC when peeps got it early (I was in Singapore and well into 61 by the time the US came onine).

8. Afini macrumors member

Most of my friends are so casual that I've never done anything with them besides help them with a quest. :eek:

Most of the people I play with I met on the game, though I actually met a coiuple of them at Blizzcon 2007. :D

9. g4cubed macrumors 6502a

g4cubed

Can't wait. Been looking forward to this more than TBC. :D

10. Afini macrumors member

Yeah, that makes two of us. TBC was alright, but I feel like WotLK is going to bring a lot more to the game than TBC did.

11. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

If that was the issue then I wouldn't be whining about it :)

New Zealand and Australia use the US servers. With the 1-day delay, people on the west coast of Australia would get the game 14 hours (I think) after the east coast of the US, despite being on the same servers. By the time they can log into the game, many of their friends will have already be well on the way to level 71 and will have run an instance or two. It's always a good feeling to be in the first guild run for an instance but that's not possible with this staggered release.

It would make more sense to release the game worldwide on the 13th and just not let you access the new areas until, say, midnight EST. That would put everyone on equal footing and will let "hardcore" players like myself get in there at the right time and experience all the fun like high pings and server crashes and ... hmm, maybe they have a point...

12. Randman macrumors 65816

Randman

2 bosses away from beating the game and with the 3.0 patch coming in a few weeks, be glad you don't have the pressure to do beat Kil'jadeen.