Wow Wtf! Itunes freaked out, suddenly deleted all my music!!! Arghhhh!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Rob Mclovin, Jan 30, 2009.

1. Rob Mclovin macrumors 6502

Just plugged in my iPhone, was importing some songs, then I tryed to shazam a song, iTunes suddenly freaks out, I replug my phone in, and all my music is gone!!!

Argggghhhhh!
    Always see the warning not to unplug since my first iPod and nothings ever happened, now suddenly it does!

2. bki122689 macrumors 6502

bki122689

yeah when you have files transfering between any external memory like iphone, flash drive, or hard drive never unplug. it will damage or in your case delete the files.

3. Rob Mclovin thread starter macrumors 6502

Ya gotta eject first, but the phone wasn't syncing when it happened. I had shazam open, the computer made the sound that the USB has unplugged, then quickly made the sound that it sees it agian, then everything was gone.

4. bki122689 macrumors 6502

bki122689

is it just gone from your itunes library or are the actual song files gone??

5. Diseal3 macrumors 65816

Just resync man, used to happen to my ipod's all the time. All your music should still be on your computer or Reload a backup (Usually makes one before large syncs.)

6. ChristophK macrumors newbie

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. It has done it to me before. It just seems like my computer seems to run slower when my iphone is connected.

Maybe thats a sign that I need a Macbook.:D

7. Rob Mclovin thread starter macrumors 6502

Just got deleted from my phone, still on the computer, but just annouying to resync 600 songs and some movies!

8. branjosef macrumors 6502a

branjosef

Thats what you get for cheating on it with walmart's online music store. You think it doesn't know...BUT IT DOES!!!!!! :eek:

9. StingerT125 macrumors 6502a

StingerT125

I don't think you have to eject an iPhone. The manual just says "Unless iPhone is syncing with your computer, you can disconnect it from your computer ay any time."

I've never ejected mine, I just connect it and disconnect it when it is done.

10. Rob Mclovin thread starter macrumors 6502

Lmfao!!!
    Caught me red handed :-(

11. Rob Mclovin thread starter macrumors 6502

Not for iPhones but for flash drives you do. And the weird thing was the phone wasn't syncing just sitting there charging there, but it's all good finally done syncing all my stuff back on it.