Wrap Around iPhone screen? (Not an iPhone 6 thread)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ry23, Oct 6, 2013.

1. ry23 macrumors member

So I've always followed/bought every iPhone that has come out. As we ALL kno, from the day after the release, there is speculation about the next phone. Well over the past couple years, I've seen the renderings of the wrap-around screen..

I just don't get it! I mean, all the renderings I've seen just make no sense. Buttons for games on the bottom (that you can't even see)?!??! and icons on the reverse side? For what? All I imagine is opening up whatever I hit on the other side. I mean we only have 2 eyes (some of us 4 lol) but even with glasses, you couldn't see both sides at the same time!

So, not that I think this is something that Apple would implement, ever; but what practical functionality could there be? I just don't get it!!

2. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

These are usually renderings dreamed up by people who think they know design better than Jony Ive, but in fact have no idea how ergonomics work. Just like the renderings of the "all glass" iPhone. Because yeah: people really want something that could cut their hand, in their hand. Or borderless displays, completely ignoring the fact that there needs to be SOME guard space at the edges to prevent spurious inputs from the hand gripping the phone. Even the SGS4 and HTC One have borders, if thin ones.

3. ry23 thread starter macrumors member

Oh definitely! Ya I think it's just a stupid idea! People don't think! Smdh