Wrapsol ultra came today, Looks like ****, Thanks fed ex [6/30 update]

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Dsr1205, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Dsr1205 macrumors 6502

I'm not sure who i should call to complain about how messed up it looks. The smaller pieces aren't totally sticky, particularly the smalls ones. I haven't installed it yet, not sure if i should even bother. What do you think?

Went you pay 30 bucks you expect quality, not a crushed box.

6/29/10: I called wrapsol today and they are sending me a new one, its on the way and will be here tomorrow. At least when they **** up they are quick to fix. Now if only apple was like this. Ill post updates when it arrives.

6/30: I got the "new" one today. There were no cut outs for the side pieces.....ugh[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. ijen0311 macrumors 65816

ijen0311

Call Wrapsol. They may file a Fedex claim, or they will ask you to call Fedex. Usually the shipper has to initiate the claim, however. Good luck.

3. Dsr1205 thread starter macrumors 6502

I may have overreacted in my OP, should i be pissed the box got crushed? I'm just frustrated between the signal issues I'm having and the fact that this thing showed up crushed was annoying. The reason why? it think it was because on the morning of the 26th it showed up as on the truck for delivery, so it was clearly treated poorly between its transfer to the truck and my doorstep.

4. makefunnyfaces macrumors 6502a

At least you got yours today. Mine was supposed to be delivered today, according to FedEx, but it wasn't on the truck. :mad:

Anyway, Wrapsol is VERY good about returns/replacements. I'm sure they'll have no problem sending you a new one for free.

5. Nykwil macrumors 65816

Nykwil

be glad you didn't get the tiny pieces already stuck on the back skin of the wrapsol. Mine came stuck together.

It's really poor quality control on wrapsol's part and rushing them out.

6. pmkoch macrumors regular

I don't think it was just FedEx. I received my Wrapsol today as well. Before I installed it I noticed what looked like 'stretch' marks. I figured I'd go ahead and apply it anyway.

Now I have it installed and I can still see the stretch marks, and I can ALSO see letters and animations that are embedded in the film from the directions that it was in!

This is my first and maybe last Wrapsol film and I can not believe they actually send this thing out looking like this! I emailed them and hope to hear back soon.

7. agoat macrumors regular

Mine is on the way, read many problem similar to yours today. None of them mention a crushed box. I think it just probably just wrapsol rushing them and screw the side up. A crush box couldn't have displace all those adhesive films.

8. turbineseaplane macrumors 68030

turbineseaplane

Don't blame FedEx.

My Wrapsol box looked perfect and things were WAY more messed up inside.

Wrapsol's been rushing to get in on the early iPhone 4 user "screen protector gold rush"....

...it's biting them. Lots of returns, myself included.

9. theturtle macrumors 6502a

im trying to return my ultra. i put on the back and the front and im pretty disgusted with the end result. i took it off right after i put it on. couldn't deal with this nonsense being on my phone. do they give full refunds?

10. turbineseaplane macrumors 68030

turbineseaplane

Yeah, full refunds. Call them for instructions. They are way backlogged on email responses, but if you call you get someone instantly with the instructions.

Huge disappointment. Now I'm not sure what I'm going to do.

11. theturtle macrumors 6502a

they wont bitch and moan and say "you already put it on your phone so SORRY, no refunds" right?

then i'll be real blown. i mean i had to put it on to see how it looks.

12. turbineseaplane macrumors 68030

turbineseaplane

No no no....They have like a 45 day satisfaction guarantee anyways, so there's absolutely no resistance.

They seem like good people who just messed up on this one.

13. Juicy D. Links macrumors 6502

:mad::mad::mad: great.... i am expecting mine tomorrow...

Was excited but not after reading this.

14. turbineseaplane macrumors 68030

turbineseaplane

Well...

...hopefully yours isn't all F'ed up.

15. Juicy D. Links macrumors 6502

Ill report back tomorrow...

Ill keep my fingers crossed :eek:

16. Fisticuffs2065 macrumors member

I just called for a RMA and they said that my return number is the same as my order number. How bizarre!

17. FieldingMellish Suspended

18. herdinoh macrumors regular

....i hope i will get a nice one. I hate to return them back.I dont want to have my phone naked for another week. :eek:

19. bli625 macrumors 6502a

bli625

Mine had marks too. I'll be returning it for a refund. Anyone know if I can return it anytime within 45 days? I'd like to keep it on until the Power Support films come out.

20. FieldingMellish Suspended

21. spyda macrumors 6502a

spyda

LOL HOLY ****! @ the third photo. Ridiculous.

22. bhsu21 macrumors 6502

definitely looks like this company rushed their products out to meet the demands of people looking for protection.

Instead they are really screwing things up. Mine is on the way and I'm nervous about it. Leaning towards returning it but will try it out first. Expectations are low after seeing pics.

23. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

24. FieldingMellish Suspended

I've never been scared of receiving a product before. :mad:

25. Juicy D. Links macrumors 6502

Fed Ex tracking says i should receive it today MA > NY so luckily i get it faster than west coast peeps....

I will report back I hope i didn't get the bad batch