Wrecked Truck, to trade or not to trade

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by LostChevy, Dec 29, 2009.

1. LostChevy macrumors newbie

Okay...so I have an 06 Chevy crewcab, 3/4 ton,,,,paid in full. Wrecked the truck....lots of front end damage. Full coverage insurance...estimate to repair is $10k. They say the truck is worth $22k. First of all.....should I keep it after it's repaired? It has 70k miles...I'm worried stuff will go wrong....in addition...the dealer doesn't want to even give me low blue book!!! What should I do????

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

What kind of damage? If the frame is messed up, I wouldn't want to keep it.

3. glocke12 macrumors 6502a

glocke12

This happened to me once, its been over ten years so I forget all the details, but do remember it had a twisted frame. I think the truck was worth 12k, I owed somethng like 6k, and the repair was 5k. I basically found someone to pay off the loan for the truck and take it as is....

I also know somene who had a similar situation to yours. She ended up getting it fixed, but always had problems. If it were me Id probably fix it and try to get rid of it ASAP.

4. LostChevy thread starter macrumors newbie

The body shop says the frame isn't damaged...so far I can see that they are replacing both front doors...hood...grill...raiator....brake and fuel lines....fan...belt......I rear ended someone in a Toyota...my bumer went under their truck so their tailgate basically came through the front end.

5. LostChevy thread starter macrumors newbie

UUuuuuggghhhh...that's what I'm worried about....Thanks for the reply!