Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

miragebg

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 23, 2009
Why after my phone is unplugged and battery drops to let's say 90-91% after restart of the device it raises up to 95-96%. What is wrong with the battery-meter?

mreddys10

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2008
I've been noticing similar bugs in battery levels since I updated to 5.1.1. Just yesterday, I noticed the battery was showing 53%, but as soon as I plugged in, it changed to 14% :eek:

Godzirra

macrumors 6502
Why after my phone is unplugged and battery drops to let's say 90-91% after restart of the device it raises up to 95-96%. What is wrong with the battery-meter?

Have had that problem all the time, unplug it in the morning, and 30 minutes later, it's down to 95%. Turn it off and restart it, and it's back at 100%.

Maybe it's a bug in the calibration software/hardware? Who knows, but i've discharged it fully, charged it to 100% and it still does it. Just means every now and again i reboot it and it seems to work fine for a while, plus it only takes a minute or so to shutdown and reboot.

ValerieDurden

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Every iPhone I have had has done that, even after calibrating the battery. Only fixed I have come across is to shutdown the phone and turn it back on, it's not hurting anything so it's never bothered me much but I wish apple would fix it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.