Wrong phone number on Confimation email?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by danielveeee, Sep 14, 2012.

1. danielveeee macrumors regular

I ordered through apple.com. And got my confirmation email. But underneath my address it has a phone number is not mine nor is it any number under our account. I definitely chose the option to replace an existing phone with a new iPhone. And I even got the price I was supposed to pay for my line so it definitely went through as my account. I paid the full unsubsidized price but under my number(maybe this is why).

I would post a screen shot but I would have to edit out too much. Just take my word for it..

Did this happened to anyone else? Should I call apple in the morning?

Thanks everyone. And congrats on preorders!

2. KelsRN macrumors newbie

Under the shipping address on my confirmation email it had my number listed with the correct area code and 999-9999. Under the billing address it had the correct cell # and home #. I did my order through app and had to enter my cell to use upgrade. I'm not really concerned, I think we'll b ok!

3. citivolus macrumors 6502a

I had the exact same problem, a completely wrong number under my name. Glad to hear I'm not the only one!

4. ScubaCinci macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

Happened to me...checked my account with Apple and it was right. Checked with ATT and they had it wrong. I have since fixed it. Shouldn't impact delivery.

5. iHeartsteve macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

I know what you mean. Where the shipping address is, there is confirmation number for shipping purposes. I wouldn't worry about it. I order a ton of stuff from the internet and no one has ever needed to use this number.

The most important numbers were for the phone carrier. If you're not going to be around for delivery, as last resort, after you get shipping tracking number, you can call fed ex and get it updated.

6. citivolus macrumors 6502a

FWIW, I was able to edit the incorrect Shipping Reference phone number on my order on Apple's website after logging in.

I wonder how this happened in the first place? Some kind of security breach?