Wrong temperature displayed on watch face

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Pagemakers, May 9, 2015.

1. Pagemakers macrumors 68000

Pagemakers

For the past 2 days I've had to restart my watch for the temperature on the watch face to update. It constantly sticks at 9 degrees. If I open the weather app on the phone it shows 11 degrees so it must have the latest info.

2. Pagemakers thread starter macrumors 68000

Pagemakers

3. Subdiv, May 9, 2015
    Last edited: May 9, 2015

Subdiv macrumors 6502

When this happens, have you tried going to the glances view of the weather and then back to the clock view? Seems to refresh the temperature when I do that.

4. slicecom macrumors 68020

I've noticed the same thing in Toronto. The weather constantly under-reports its temperature by about 5C. Weird thing is, when you go to the app and check out the hourly forecast, the temperature is accurate, but current temperature is still wrong.

5. Zeos macrumors 6502

The temp on my watch face refuses to update automatically. I have to tap on the temp and go to the Weather app. Even then the Weather app tends to spin for quite some time before updating.

6. Cyberpower678 macrumors 6502

It's definitely a software bug, but mine tends to just be blank when it doesn't update. But mine is blank when it shouldn't be.

7. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

Mine sometimes would just sit on "--" instead of showing the temperature. I have to wake the phone, and eventually it will update. This feels very "pebble like" to me, it must be a limitation of Bluetooth??

8. Enderby55 macrumors newbie

Enderby55

9. Enderby55 macrumors newbie

Enderby55

I got good results by opening the Apple Watch app on my iPhone, going to the Weather section and setting the default city to my own town.

10. papbot macrumors 6502

Whenever I've gotten the -- if it doesn't correct in a short time, restarting my phone has always fixed it. I see this happen maybe once a week if at all.

11. Laquinta macrumors newbie

Laquinta

I have been seeing large variances in temperature between phone and watch. I was told by an Apple senior adviser that the watch gets its data not from the phone weather app but from some other source (yet to be named). I have sent Apple many screen shots showing the phone and watch readings and have a case number but so far no solid explanation. The phone is much more correct than the watch - so the watch is not reliable as far a temperature readings. This is a second watch with the same problem and many unpairings, resets, and settings checks but the problem persists.

12. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

Remove all the other cities from the weather views on the phone. It's confusing the one you want with another one in your list.

13. Laquinta macrumors newbie

Laquinta

--- Post Merged, Feb 14, 2016 ---
    Possible but I don't think so - the variances are between 2 and 8 degrees and the only other location I had (deleted it just now) was 1000 miles to the north so the temperatures were much different than that. I will see if having only one location on the phone and watch fixes this.

14. waw74 macrumors 68030

is it possible the difference you're seeing is "current location" vs "current city"

I've seen differences between the automatically detected location, and having "new york city" added to my weather places.
    even though the current location is also labeled New York City, the official weather station might not be the closest one to you

15. Laquinta macrumors newbie

Laquinta

Both the watch and the phone have only one named location - La Quinta.

16. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

This problem just started for me over the last few days or maybe I just noticed it. Opening the weather app on the watch changes nothing. I'm not going to unpair and repair the watch.

Sadly, the only thing accurate is the time.

17. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Do any of you guys have background app refresh turned off? Specifically for the weather app?

18. LoveToMacRumors macrumors 68000

LoveToMacRumors

19. Laquinta macrumors newbie

Laquinta

--- Post Merged, Mar 1, 2016 ---
    Nope - refresh is still on. It looks to me that the iphone is getting weather from one source and the watch from another and the update interval is different for the two different sources. The differences are large in the early and late part of the day when the temperature is fluctuating more and less during the middle of the day when there are smaller hour to hour changes.