'WSJ' Op-Ed: Bomb-bomb Iran

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, May 30, 2007.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

e&p

2. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

Don't worry. If they get any closer to having a nuke, others will take it upon themselves to remove Iran's capability.

3. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Oh yeah? What's your plan? Walk up to the Iranian border and drop your trousers? I bet they'd get such a fright they'd swear off nukes forever.

4. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

I don't need a plan. Our part will be to press them financially and engage them politically. Our Israeli friends are motivated to make sure that these weapons never come to fruition. I would bet cash money they have many feasible plans in the works to eliminate this capability.

You can bet your boots that we're providing all the best satellite and communications intel available on Iran to support this effort. Are you willing to bet I'm wrong? :)

5. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

That plan's working really well so far, isn't it?
    Even if I wore boots, I wouldn't bet that your intel on Iran is any better than your intel on Iraq.

6. adroit macrumors 6502

adroit

What intel would that be? The intel gathered by the spouses of people who weren't questioning your president's reasoning for an illegal war?

yeh, that's good intel. :rolleyes:

7. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Oy. You have to love the reasoning: Sure, it may make the situation worse, even far worse, but that's no reason not to try it.

This message brought to you by the creators of Iraq.

8. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I sure am- especially if the "intel" is presented by this administration.