WSOD on iphone4 after replacing front glass

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by summerjoy, Mar 11, 2012.

1. summerjoy macrumors newbie

I dropped my phone and the front glass cracked like a spider web. the phone worked fine but the glass needed replacing because the cracks were too hard to read the screen for anything more than dialing out or answering. i ordered a new glass kit from Wizcrafters and replaced it. when i started it up i only got a white screen, did a hard restart but still only white screen. opened the phone back up and reconnected everything to be sure all connections were good but still only white screen. data backed up to my computer seemingly fine. when you press the home button and slide the screen like you were unlocking it, it makes the sound like it normally would.

does anyone have more experience than i do to know what the problem could be or what else to try to remedy the white screen? do you think i could have gotten a bad screen from Wizcrafters? I'll call them tomorrow when they are open to see what they may suggest as well as apple but would appreciate any advice from the forum.

2. Hosei macrumors member

It is very possible that the connector coming from the lcd might not be placed properly, when plugging it in it should make a clicking sound, if the connector design hasn't changed since iPhone 3GS