WTF is it with Trump and Russia???

PracticalMac

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 22, 2009
Houston, TX
When Trump is with other world leaders it is red carpet, full court press, pomp and circumstance, headlines and WH press briefing all around.

When it is with Russia, it is behind closed and sealed doors, VERY few people present (for instance only Trump and Comey) private direct connection telephone lines, meetings that go much longer than planned, rarely anything recorded or written, and best of all contradictory statements after the meeting about the meeting.
Oh, and the parade of Trump staff that had direct communications with Russian officials outside of planned policy discussion.

I still doubt Trump himself asked Russia to help win election, but there something going on, it is as if "the Tape" is real and Trump is hiding it.

I dunno, but it is beyond bizarre.

LordVic

macrumors 603
Sep 7, 2011
To be honest. we talk about the trump and russia ties al lot in PRSI forums. don't need a new thread everytime it pops into someones head that this is questionable.

that's what the "Conflict of interest" thread is for :p

PracticalMac

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 22, 2009
Houston, TX
To be honest. we talk about the trump and russia ties al lot in PRSI forums. don't need a new thread everytime it pops into someones head that this is questionable.

that's what the "Conflict of interest" thread is for :p

It is beyond being questionable, its about how everything involving Russia is so starkly different.

I have heard of private meeting policy discussion before, but with Russia every meeting is completely different.

jpietrzak8

macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
I've gotta admit, before now I figured the whole Russian collusion thing was a bunch of hot air. But now, hearing that Trump Jr.'s meeting with the Russian lawyer happened just hours before Trump Sr.'s famous remark that he "hoped Russia would find Clinton's e-mails"? I mean, we all know that an idea once placed in Trump's head quickly leaks out his mouth. (And we also know much better now how Trump uses the word "hope".) I'm beginning to wonder if in fact there hasn't been some level of collusion after all...

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
I've gotta admit, before now I figured the whole Russian collusion thing was a bunch of hot air. But now, hearing that Trump Jr.'s meeting with the Russian lawyer happened just hours before Trump Sr.'s famous remark that he "hoped Russia would find Clinton's e-mails"? I mean, we all know that an idea once placed in Trump's head quickly leaks out his mouth. (And we also know much better now how Trump uses the word "hope".) I'm beginning to wonder if in fact there hasn't been some level of collusion after all...
I think it's interesting that after all that, no deleted Clinton emails were ever "found" and released. Russia unable to find them, or nothing interesting in them after all?

obeygiant

macrumors 601
Jan 14, 2002
totally cool
When Trump is with other world leaders it is red carpet, full court press, pomp and circumstance, headlines and WH press briefing all around.

When it is with Russia, it is behind closed and sealed doors, VERY few people present (for instance only Trump and Comey) private direct connection telephone lines, meetings that go much longer than planned, rarely anything recorded or written, and best of all contradictory statements after the meeting about the meeting.

Are you comparing informal and formal meetings with world leaders? Or "other world leaders" and Russia.? ???