WTF is THIS MacRumors.com?!

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
Glad to see you back on the boards shadowfax! :D

Would you care to explain the purpose of the thread?

shadowfax0

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 2, 2002
Hey, sorry if I wasn't very clear...this is from the MacRumors.com homepage, FrontPage, i.e. the Microsoft Web page creating app, NOT available for Mac, (and actually glad it isn't, we've got things like Dreamweaver instead thank god) just kind of caught my attention, because why advertize a product that isn't even available for our favourite platform? (I am aware the add was not for just MS Frontpage, but it's the idea here people...)

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
That is rather strange...

Maybe we should make advertisements on the peecee forums (which crash often :D) about iCab, iTunes, and Final Cut Pro. "It's only for the Mac." :cool:

Backtothemac

macrumors 601
Jan 3, 2002
San Destin Florida
Well, no offense here, but if it helps Arn pay the bills, the who gives a ****! For real man, it is an ad. You don't like it, don't click on it, it isn't the end of the world. Arn got a sponsor on the site that can't even be used on the systems that the people who come to the site use! That is a massive compliment. Think about it for a minute.

shadowfax0

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 2, 2002
Hey hey, I'm just saying, I could really care less, I'm glad MRs is getting some cash, keeps them here, and I'm all down with that. It's just one of those idiosyncratic things, that's all. ;)

Backtothemac

macrumors 601
Jan 3, 2002
San Destin Florida
Originally posted by shadowfax0
Hey hey, I'm just saying, I could really care less, I'm glad MRs is getting some cash, keeps them here, and I'm all down with that. It's just one of those idiosyncratic things, that's all. ;)
Oh, so you thought it was funny? Sorry but the WTF comment made me think that you insulted by it somehow. Sorry for jumping to conclusions.
B2TM

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
I actually went and checked out the link - not a bad deal for site hosting - even with the frontpage crap. They just don't realize what they're doing is all - probably use that banner for a lot of different sites and figured it would work here.

Maybe someone should let them know that it isn't all that appropriate for MacRumors.

D

job

macrumors 68040
Jan 25, 2002
in transit
What is kind of ironic is that at the Tactical-Ops forums, where there are mostly Wintel users, they advertise for Mac games, i.e. Quake 3 for Mac etc. :rolleyes: