wtf is wrong with people 984023803

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by nbs2, Nov 19, 2009.

1. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

With apologies to yg17, there really isn't a much better thread title available that could fit in that small a space.

To summarize: 10yo girl refuses to go to bed, mother calls cops, cop tries to calm girl down, mother offers tasing as an option, cop threatens arrest, girl refuses to calm dowm, cop tries to arrest, girl violently resists arrest, cop tases girl, girl calms down, cop arrests girl, cop takes girl to youth shelter.

In no particular order:

Cop - really? when did refusing to go to bed become a crime, let alone arrestable offense? was it really necessary to tase a kid, mild tase or not?

Mother - really? calling the cops because your kid won't go to bed? suggesting that the police actually use taser on your kid?

Girl - really? you aren't an adult and only 10, but at that age shouldn't you know when to stop acting up? was the tase worth the kick to the cop's crotch? once the police showed up and tried to arrest you, wasn't that a sign that you weren't going to win this battle?

Link

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

3. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Yeah I saw that a few days ago... seriously messed up on so many levels... :rolleyes:

4. IntheNet macrumors regular

IntheNet

Regrettably, tasers have become employed as modern enforcement tickets; being used by untrained law enforcement on citizens in a haphazard way and often illegally. What should have happened in this case is mother arrested for gross dereliction of parental duties; policeman arrested for gross dereliction of being human; and daughter spanked in front of all her classmates at school for being spoiled. Instead, as mactastic accurately observed, this incident is "seriously messed up on so many levels..." I agree.

5. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Wow at first I was gonna call BS on this story until I saw the link… :eek:

6. No1451 macrumors 6502

This is what happens when you mix 3 idiots with a taser

7. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

No apologies needed, this story is worthy of a big WTF. In fact, I'll give it one right now.

WTF?

8. Jaiden macrumors member

Cop tazered 10 Year old Girl

Whats up with this sort of ****? Does anyone else think that the cops are out of line with this? Maybe I'm just a naive Australian or something, but I think the cops over there need to have another look who the real criminals are.

Is this normal over there?

9. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

Well the people in question are from Arkansas...

10. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

a) parent is a class act.

b) sounds like the dumbass cops they hire around here that get bored with no real job to do so they turn small issues into epic life or death adventures.

c) I don't know what else to say, this story is ****ed up.