WTF is wrong with people version 938915452452345252?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by yg17, Jun 16, 2008.

1. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Seriously, I'm losing count here guys :p

But, check this out. These people disgust me. I don't know how they can call themselves christians. I don't know what's in the bible, or what Jesus preached, but I know they don't encourage crap like this.

2. kabunaru Guest

They aren't true Christians. A true Christian loves and respects everybody no matter who they are.

3. 66217 Guest

It's true, christian religions don't teach that. At least most don't.

4. me_94501 macrumors 65816

me_94501

As a Catholic, it disgusts me to see people do this sort of thing. "Love thy neighbors as you love thyself" pretty much says it all: unconditional love ad respect for all regardless of who they are and what they think.

5. mduser63 macrumors 68040

mduser63

Another Christian chiming in here to say that I think it's disgusting that people do such things, especially when they call themselves Christians. Apparently they don't know much about the way Christ treated people...

6. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

7. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

All of you are right. He seems to have zero redeeming human moral values, and Christianity does not even have to part of the equation. For any cause, there are most likely fringe fanatics, who will adopt any cause as an outlet for their psychopathic need to strike out at somebody. Religion seems to a be a rich environment for developing such hatred. In America, the Hagee's of that ilk, preach fear and hatred. It is a major contributor to feeding the fanaticism of these twisted individuals. In the middle east, it is Islam, or Judaism. Looking back at history, it easy to see how religion was used as a tool to incite hatred within tribes, and later armies.

8. Gray-Wolf macrumors 68030

Gray-Wolf

Intolerant about intolerance? hmmm

Biblically, you hate the sin, not the sinner. Jesus loved the sinner, but he also told those he forgave, to "Go and sin no more" he never threatened anyone, including those that wanted him dead.

9. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

<Whoosh>

10. costabunny macrumors 68020

costabunny

Smacks of the Wesbro lot (and Oh my god how I think those guys are really ***** NUTS and should be locked up for Moral Terrorism)

Seriously I used to have faith (to the point of being prepared for Bible College and a ministy) until I encounterd a minister who used Christianity as a front for Bigotry. I left the faith that day and now consider myself pagan (tho I prefer to beleive in the good parts from all religions).

People who do this kind of thing in the name of religion are guilty of the most heinous blasphemy in any religion. I have yet to see a religion where the faith delivers the messag of intollerance purley based on differences.

pretty much the point of most religions is to teach moral values and mutual respect for all. I state the main religions here - Christiantiy, Judaism, Islam, etc - they all teach tollerance. (whilst some have get-out clauses for those that hurt or murder, most say live in peace and dont set fire to other people)

11. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

These people are using religion to justify their hatred, plain and simple. Simply turns people off of religion, which is actually even worse, as it turns people against a religion that was built on the idea of inclusion. And conversion, but that was process was screwed up too, mostly used to gain further power. Forced by the sword. Again, completely against what the religion is supposed to stand for.

That, and based on my theory, the hater in the second pic is probably gay himself.

12. cycocelica macrumors 68000

cycocelica

I have yet to meet a true Christian then. And many people I know claim they are Christian.

13. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

They're out there, but the vocal minority generally drowns them out.

14. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Reminds me of Bush the Big Christian, yet he wants to Torture,Make war,lie & lie,and who's decisions have led to the deaths of thousands and yet claims to be one. Just more spin.

Real christians dont brag about it and actions speak louder then words.

15. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

If you're going to go by the given definition you're going to have a hard time finding anyone on the planet capable of that.

I propose this ammendment:

We all have our limits and there are times we will snap at certain individuals or stand in judgement of those who do things with which we don't agree but to actively go out with the intent to hate an individual or group of people because you aren't comfortable with who they love or what they do, means you're not even trying.